BAE Systems has immediate openings for Technical Library Aide/Clerk to support operation of tactical data library as part of our dynamic team located at the Surface Combat Systems Center (SCSC), in Wallops Island, VA. The SCSC is located on a barrier island on the Eastern Shore of Virginia and is a tenant of the NASA's Wallops Flight Facility. SCSC provides live combat systems suites with platform specific radars and sensors and supports the following functions: combat system lifetime support engineering, platform certification, operational and technical evaluation, combat system training, interoperability testing and participates in at-sea exercises. SCSC provides a high-fidelity representative combat system of every ship in the AEGIS, Ship Self Defense System (SSDS) fleet today and those planned in the future.
The selected candidate will:
- Operate the technical library circulation system, providing technical information services to include web products, visual information products, acquiring library products
- Provide library reference assistance, maintain records from various online sources and handling classified documents and media in accordance with security guidelines
- In response to and support of specific test event requirements, will also assemble computer program media and charge out to requesting team; at completion of test event, charge-in returned media and support monitoring and auditing of holdings
- Conduct security clearance checks upon request of outgoing media and maintain a log of all data recording requests
This position is controlled by the Service Contract Act (SCA) and is classified as non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).Required Skills and Education
Minimum education and years of related work experience required: HS Diploma/GED and a working knowledge in the following: operation of a technical library program, providing technical information services to include web products, visual information products, acquiring library products, library reference assistance and maintaining records from various online sources; cataloging of library reference materials.
Basic Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Ability to communicate and respond to routine inquiries. Library Aide/Clerk will demonstrate knowledge of security requirements for handling, storage, inventory and destruction of classified material in accordance with SECNAV 5510 (series) within 30 calendar days of hire.
Successful candidate must be willing and able to perform in a variety of 40 hour work-week configurations, including:
1. Monday-Friday (5 x 8): 1st Shift
2. Monday-Friday (5 x 8): 2nd Shift
3. Variable 4 x 10 shifts that may include weekends (4 days on/3 days off) and may be 1st or 2nd shift
4. Sliding (5 x 8) work weeks (Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday-Saturday) and may be 1st or 2nd shift
**PLEASE NOTE - These work week configurations may be scheduled on a rotational basis
Security clearance requirement: Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance (U.S. Citizenship required) will also be considered. If selected candidate does not hold active clearance he/she will receive a contingent offer and start date will be delayed until an interim clearance is granted.Preferred Skills and Education
Highly desired by not required:
Experience with classified tactical computer program media
Experience with library cataloging systemsAbout BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.