Agency: Department of Health
Working Title: OPS COMPUTER NETWORK SUPPORT SPEC I - 64922018 1
Salary: $15.00 / Hour
Posting Closing Date: 05/21/2020DESCRIPTION:
The part time OPS Computer Network Support Specialist position is responsible for helping Hendry/Glades Counties Health Department achieve its mission. This position will require physical attendance/headquartered in Moore Haven, Florida and reports to the Distributed Computer Systems Administrator. REQUIREMENTS:
Must have at least one year of documentable experience with direct end user's IT services in a Microsoft Environment, PC, Mobile Devices, and periphery support. Incumbent must be fluent in English/Spanish. A valid Florida driver's license and reliable transportation is required. The incumbent is required to transport equipment up to 60 pounds and be able to move around freely. Incumbent must be willing to work beyond normal work hours in the event of a disaster or as needed. EMERGENCY DUTY: Emergency duty required of the incumbent includes working in special needs or Red Cross shelters, or perform other emergency duties including, but not limited to responses to or threats involving any disaster or threat thereof, man-made or natural. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Treating customers, the public and staff with courtesy, respect and dignity, presenting a positive public image;
- Assisting in developing, implementing, monitoring, maintaining and securing a distributed computer systems environment with appropriate hardware, operating system, software applications and communications components to meet functional needs of the CCHD;
- Maintaining working knowledge of key information systems;
- Assisting in identifying, documenting, measuring, and improving Information Technology processes;
- Assisting in disaster preparedness and response;
- Serving as the initial contact for all desktop / mobile phone troubleshooting with end-users.
- Responsible for monitoring and timely completion of Help Desk Request Log/ Work Tickets;
- Installing, uninstalling, and configuring computer software in accordance with DOH established guidelines and as directed by Distributed Computer Systems Administrator - SES;
- Installing and configuring computer operating systems
- Installing computer software security patches and upgrades
- Troubleshooting and resolving computer software problems
- Installing and uninstalling VolP telephones
- Documenting and coordinating changes to the DOH-Hendry/Glades phone system with the vendor (e.g. telephones, voicemail, ACD, and Call Tree)
- Installing, uninstalling, and configuring VoIP communication devices.
- Performing maintenance on VoIP communication devices
- Troubleshooting and resolving VoIP communication device problems
- Initial setup/activation of mobile devices
- Installing mobile platform operating systems
- Installing mobile platform security patches and upgrades
- Performing maintenance on mobile devices
- Troubleshooting and resolving mobile device problems
- Troubleshooting Local Area Network (LAN) connectivity problems for distributed computing hardware
- Troubleshooting application access problems
- Tracking and securing DOH-Hendry/Glades inventory of Information Technology Equipment and Information Resources.
- Check-Out and Check-In of Inventory/Asset using an inventory system
- Updating Inventory/Asset location using an inventory system
- Creating asset maintenance entries using an inventory system
- Sanitizing distributed computing hardware, analog communication devices, and mobile devices according to DOH guidelines
- Assisting in the completion of inventory audits
- Assisting in the disposition of assets
- Creating. Modifying, and terminating access to Information Resources as designated by the Distributed Computer Systems Administrator-SES
- Providing limited user training on relevant DOH distributed computing hardware and software if needed.
- Recommending and/or providing training to end users on Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Suite, Telephone/Voicemail features, conference room audio/visual equipment, and/or distributed computing hardware & software
- Help with Facility Liaison's work
- All other duties as directed by the Distributed Computer Systems Administrator - SES.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES ESSENTIAL TO THIS ROLE:
- Statutes, and Rules and Regulations that pertain to the programs;
- Knowledge of distributed processing operations, software, procedures, and equipment;
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software;
- Knowledge of problem solving techniques;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Windows Server 2003;
- Knowledge of Active Directory Services;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications;
- Knowledge of Virtualization Technologies;
- Knowledge of the Open Systems Interconnection model (OSI model) preferred;
- Computer Hardware troubleshooting and repair;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications;
- Entry-level knowledge of Linux Administration preferred;
- Use of equipment and supplies related to the position;
- Able to routinely lift up to sixty (60) pounds;
- Technical Skills:Demonstrates knowledge of methods, techniques, and skills required and applies specific methods, procedures, and techniques in functional areas;
- Troubleshooting: Performs a logical, systematic search to identify or diagnose the source of the symptoms of malfunction in the management flow of a corporation or system;
- Problem Analysis:Analyzes problems comprehensively, makes timely, practical decisions, understands cause-and-effect chains and relationships, and identifies possible solutions;
- Initiative: Is self-confident, motivated, and has an enthusiastic drive to perform current job duties & undertakes duties of greater responsibility;
- Interpersonal Skills: Shows understanding, friendliness, courtesy, tact, empathy, cooperation, concern, and politeness to others; relates well to different people from varied backgrounds and different situations;
- Technology: Navigates the Internet, uses office suite and assorted software, and uses technology equipment;
- Time Management: Manages a variety of responsibilities in a timely, efficient manner and is able to prioritize tasks;
- Communication (Oral & Written):Takes the initiative to communicate accurate, up-to-date plans and information to subordinates, peers, and management. Expresses thoughts clearly, both verbally and in writing. Listens and understands the views of others;
- Creative Thinking:Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions to make organizational improvements; designs and implements new or cutting-edge programs/processes;
- Customer Service:Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing excellence in products and services;
- Flexibility:Accommodates changing situations or plans for satisfactory performance of the job. Able to change easily from one task to another;
- Human Relations:Works with others in a professional, considerate and helpful manner. Projects a positive image of CCHD and self;
- Lead People:Motivates, provides constructive feedback, positive recognition, and organizes activities to improve team skills and performance;
- Manage Processes: Integrates and effectively utilizes all components of the strategic planning process to help CCHD achieve its vision. Appropriately assesses and allocates resources (financial, human, equipment and supplies) develop, implement and evaluate business plans;
- Responsive to Direction: Takes and gives direction; accepts and delivers constructive criticism; and responds and implements suggestions for improvement;
- Team Building: Inspires, motivates, and guides others toward goal accomplishments. Consistently develops and sustains cooperative working relationships. Encourages and facilitates cooperation within the organization and with customer groups; fosters commitment, team spirit, pride, trust. Develops leadership in others through coaching, mentoring, rewarding, and guiding employees;
- **Note: Your responses to qualifying questions for this position must be verifiable by documentation provided through the electronic application process. **
- This position requires a security background check and/or drug screening and participation in direct deposit. Any misrepresentations or omissions will disqualify you from employment consideration.Note: You will be required to provide your Social Security Number (SSN) in order to conduct this background check.
- Male applicants born on or after October 1, 1962, will not be eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with the Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday, or have a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS. For more information, please visit the SSS website:http://www.sss.gov
- If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
- The successful candidate will be required to complete the Form I-9 and that information will be verified using the E-Verify system. E-Verify is operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration to verify employment eligibility. Only U. S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers will be hired.
- Incumbents may be required to perform emergency duty before, during, and/or beyond normal work hours or days.
- Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the DOH in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
- Certain veterans and spouses of veterans deemed eligible will receive preference in employment by the state (applies only to Career Service (CS) positions).
If there are any problems applying online please call People First Staffing Administration: (877) 562-7287Service Center hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET. TTY users call (866) 221-0268.
OPS - Other Personal Services / Temporary Employment
WHAT BENEFITS ARE APPLICABLE TO OPS EMPLOYEES?
State of Florida 401(a) FICA Alternative Plan* - mandatory
Workers' Compensation - mandatory
Reemployment Assistance (Unemployment Compensation) - mandatory
Participation in state group insurance (must meet eligibility requirements, please consult with your servicing HR office for details)
Deferred Compensation - voluntary
Employee Assistance Program - voluntary
WHAT BENEFITS ARE NOT APPLICABLE TO OPS EMPLOYEES?
Any form of paid leave
Participation in the Florida Retirement System
Reinstatement rights or retention rights
Sections 110.131, 110.1315 and 216.011(1)(dd), Florida Statutes
Rules 60L-33.005 and 60L-34.001, Florida Administrative Code
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act. Nearest Major Market:
Posting ID: 558409697Posted: 2020-05-22