BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that's committed to developing great talent.
If you're a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.MEAT CUTTER- APPRENTICE Job Summary
Receives, rotates, cuts, wraps, and merchandises fresh and processed meats, including grinds. Assists in merchandising seafood, rotisserie chickens, prepared foods, and cheeses. Assists in meat selection and cuts special meat arrangements for Members. Maintains all cleaning and safety standards within the meat department. Serves as a 6 to 12-month apprenticeship to prepare Team Members for the Meat Cutter role.Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides assistance to Members by answering questions regarding meat, poultry, and seafood. Makes recommendations on food products when necessary.
- Cuts, grinds, and/or processes fresh meats. Weighs, packages, wraps, and labels cuts of meat, poultry, and seafood. Prepares special cuts of meat ordered by Members.
- Makes sure the meat case showcases all currently available products.
- Ensures the meat, seafood, prepared foods, and cheese cases are fully stocked. Rotates meats, poultry, seafood, prepared foods, and cheeses according to expiration dates. Follows established guidelines when disposing of damaged and/or expired products
- Inspects and stores meat upon delivery. Ensures that all received meats meet or exceed company quality standards.
- Receives and unpacks meat, poultry, seafood, prepared foods, and cheeses in the meat cooler and freezer.
- Cleans and sanitizes all equipment, display fixtures, and areas in the meat department, including the meat cooler, freezer, and refrigerated display cases.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Previous experience working with fresh and processed meats preferred.
- Knowledge of automatic/hand wrapping machines preferred.
- Prior experience working in a meat and/or deli department preferred.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to examine or scan merchandise, including bending, handling, pulling, reaching, and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area with infrequent exposure to temperature extremes and loud noises. There may be occasional exposure to cleaning agents.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Posting ID: 558409713Posted: 2020-05-22