Agency: Veterans Affairs
Working Title: UTILITIES & MAINTENANCE SUPERINTENDENT I -SES - 50454140 1
Salary: $30,988.62 - $40,568.06
Posting Closing Date: 06/11/2020UTILITIES & MAINTENANCE SUPERINTENDENT IFLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS' AFFAIRSArdie R. Copas State Veterans' Nursing HomePort St. Lucie, St. Lucie CountySalary: $30,988.62 - $40,568.06Paid Bi-weeklyExcellent retirement package and optional deferred compensation plan. Health, vision, dental, disability, and other supplemental insurance available at reasonable premium rates. Paid vacation and sick leave. Nine (9) paid holidays and personal day. Tuition waiver available for State Universities and Community Colleges (up to six credits per semester).MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have at least 3 years of verifiable experience in maintenance
- Must have supervisory or management experience
- Above average computer skills are required, to include use of Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel and Outlook) to develop various reports and maintain records
- Must be willing and able to be on-call and/or work a schedule that includes frequent after hours and weekend work, planned or emergency
- Able to lift 50+ pounds without assistance
- Must have ability to perform following physical tasks frequently throughout the day: climbing ladders; navigating tight spaces; bending; crawling; and reaching
- Valid Driver License
- Knowledge of the procedures and techniques for buildings and grounds maintenance and/or for operating heating, air conditioning, sewage treatment or water purification plants
- Ability to operate, inspect, and/or maintain buildings and grounds, equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to perform preventative or regular maintenance activities
- Experience working with HVAC, plumbing, and electrical
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with others
- Successful completion of the employment screening to include, but not limited to, a national background check and drug test
- Long Term Care Facility experience
- Knowledge of AHCA Life Safety Procedures for a Long Term Care facility along with applicable State regulations, rules and statutes
- Able to read and understand ASBUILDS (blueprints)
- Ability to prioritize work load and problem solve
Develops, plans, implements and monitors all aspects of maintenance functions in accordance with required techniques and procedures.
Maintains the requirements for the maintenance department, including grounds.
Oversees and supervises Safety Program including Life Safety. Maintains that Environmental controls and equipment (chiller, boiler and generator plants) are operational and properly maintained through the utilization of employees and/or maintenance contracts. Assigns duties to maintenance and grounds staff as required and conducts routine and special inspections to ensure compliance with law, rules, policies and procedures.
Makes recommendations for alterations or additions to the home. Consults with architects, engineers and contractors to develop project proposals, budget estimates and specifications for various capital improvement projects to ensure jobs are completed and that they meet the required specifications. Works with the Purchasing Agent in the acquisition of materials, tools, and/or services needed for home operations and to meet project requirements.
Maintains procedures for daily operations, life safety and maintenance of equipment. Plans and presents fire and safety training for members and staff.
Inspects life safety systems and ensure compliance with procedures. Serves as the hazardous materials coordinator for the Nursing Home.
Provides or ensures required and specialized training necessary for the maintenance and grounds staff.
Supervises subordinate personnel to include leave and attendance, preparation and presentation of performance reviews in accordance with the rules of the career service. Maintains a method of scheduling and monitoring work assignments of maintenance personnel.
Serves as maintenance representative for the Veterans' Nursing Home of Florida and will network with the local maintenance community in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Assures on-call coverage for the facility from qualified maintenance personnel 24/7.
Completes all other related duties as assigned by the Administrator or negotiates an acceptable alternative in accordance with established policies and procedures. This position is in the Selected Exempt Service.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act. Nearest Major Market:
Port Saint Lucie