Job Description MAJOR FUNCTION
A material handler on the returns dock must take care and ensure that all merchandise is handled appropriately. Any defect must be noted and reported so it can be repaired and returned to stock are in sellable condition. This includes all parts that the manufacture has included with the item. Responsibilities include the inspection as well as the wrapping of the product so it can be handled in the distribution center. Unloading of all delivery trucks will also be preformed on a daily bases. SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Re-Wrap and prepare furniture for restocking.
- Apply identifying labels in accordance with company procedure
- Accountable for proper handling of materials and merchandise to minimize the potential for damage and injury.
- Inspect and identify any defect that prevents the item from being sold as newProper tracking and documenting of any damages
- Wrap merchandise so it can be stored.
Accountable for maintaining a clean and clear work area
Job Requirements REQUIREMENTS
Heavy lifting required.
Must be able to work Mon-Fri. 8AM to Completion
Must complete and understand all company sponsored safety programs.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He/she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties upon the request of his superior.
Havertys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Havertys does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Nearest Major Market:
Atlanta Job Segment:
Posting ID: 558409732Posted: 2020-05-22