Job Description MAJOR FUNCTION
To assist the Display Coordinator, or store management, with set up and display of furniture and to maintain the store's appearance. Processes customer sales, payment transactions, and completes customer service tickets. SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Helps Display Coordinator with floor moves and processing of new accessories.
- Assists Display Coordinator by aiming lighting on furniture and/or accessories.
- Must be able to move and help arrange heavy merchandise on the showroom floor.
- Responsible for placement of POP material including hanging banners and placing signs.
- Assists customers in carrying heavy merchandise to their vehicles.
- Keeps merchandise on the floor in functional condition, including by ordering parts and repairing when necessary.
- May be required to provide housekeeping support as needed.
- Maintains stockroom in an orderly fashion, including sweeping and mopping.
- Keeps exits lit and free of obstruction.
- Assists in maintenance of the grounds.
- Must be capable and available to provide work as a delivery assistant and complete deliveries as needed.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Balances cash fund every morning and evening
- Prepares bank deposits and daily closing summary
- Closes the daily A/R accurately and before the cut-off time
- Maintains an organized and secure office environment
- Answers incoming calls, distributes calls, takes messages, and checks store's voicemail
- Completes opening/closing procedure checklists
- Reviews the Delivery Inquiry to verify all sales are in a confirmed status for the next 8 delivery days. Informs customers of arriving Customer Pick Ups (CPU).
- Processes customer sales and account transactions.
- Handles customer complaints, opens store notes, and follows up on existing customer service tickets
- Works the Expected Deliveries to ensure sales are completed and schedules deliveries as needed. Enters necessary customer comments in notepad.
- Runs and works the daily reports including but not limited to:
- - Confirmed Not Delivered
- -Cancels Confirmed Not Received
- Reviews and follows up on pending sale statuses, i.e., requested cancellations and pending layaway sales, etc.
- Files (PC Office) or prepares (Branch Office) daily paperwork, i.e. CPUs, CRTs, Credit Applications, End of the Day Reports, etc.
- Collects and secures original Credit Applications, sends original documents to Havertys Credit Services on the 1st and 15th of each month.
- Communicates with Havertys Credit Services for account requests and follow-up.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Job Requirements Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years' experience actively working with the public in a customer service position, preferably in retail. One to three years of monetary or cash handling experience highly preferred, i.e., Banking, Customer Service, Data Entry, Office Administration, Medical Records, etc. Training and/or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General computer skills required with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
Strong math skills
Excellent communication and customer service skills
Ability to multi-task
Must be able to follow oral and written instructions
Must be able to work independently while using discretion
Furniture knowledge preferred Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 150 pounds and must be capable to provide delivery assistance and fill in as a delivery assistant as needed. New hires are required to pass a physical assessment to ensure they can perform the essential functions of this job. Work Environment
Employees must wear their uniform and maintain personal appearance by following Havertys' dress code requirements. They must also wear steel-toe boots that extend above the ankle while on the truck. Lace-up style boots are recommended and employees will be reimbursed for up to half of their purchase not to exceed $75.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He/she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties upon the request of his superior.
Havertys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Havertys does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Nearest Major Market:
Jacksonville Job Segment:
Administrative Assistant, Medical Office Assistant, Retail Sales, Secretary, Administrative, Retail, Customer Service