Agency: Department of Corrections
Working Title: FDC-ACADEMIC TEACHER-70035755-COLUMBIA CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION
Salary: $32,696.82 - $61,625.79 annually
Posting Closing Date: 06/03/2020***OPEN COMPETITIVE ADVERTISEMENT***Academic Teacher - 70035755This advertisement is for a Career Service Academic Teacher position located at Columbia Correctional Institution in theEducation Department.Salary Rate/Range: $32,696.82 - $61,625.79 annually
SALARY WILL BE DETERMINED IN ACCORDANCE WITH CURRENT PAY POLICY.SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES (KSA's):
- Plans, develops and conducts classes in the assigned subject(s).
- Utilizes various teaching techniques and activities to assist students with their educational advancement.
- Responsible for the supervision of inmates assigned to the class.
- Conducts roll calls, counts and maintains attendance records.
- Ensures that order and discipline are maintained in the classroom.
- Continually evaluates students and makes determinations as to overall progress. Administer grades and evaluates tests.
- Counsels and advises individuals regarding their program progress, behavior or personal concerns.
- Participates in staff meetings, seminars and workshops to identify needed curriculum changes and to facilitate professional development.
- Assists in budget preparation and processing purchase requests for the education program
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:Please note, when submitting a college/university degree, if selected for this position official transcripts will be required.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of effective communications.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods and techniques of teaching.
- Knowledge of the principles of human learning, behavior and counseling.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of curriculum development.
- Ability to teach individuals in a classroom setting.
- Ability to prepare teaching plans, courses, activities and learning experiences for a variety of students.
- Ability to develop appropriate curriculum.
- Ability to counsel students on academic, social and personal problems.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures relating to classroom teaching.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
Support of knowledge, skills, and abilities should be demonstrated on the application, in the education, in the work experience, in the work sample, in the interview and/or during reference checks.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university and possess or be eligible to apply for a State of Florida Educator's Certificate.
- SPECIAL NOTE: Non-certified applicants must obtain a State of Florida Educator's Certificate within 12 months of hire. State of Florida Educator's Professional Certificate must be obtained prior to the expiration of Temporary Certificate.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above indicated qualification and have the desired education, knowledge and experience, please submit a State of Florida Application and resume through the People First system.Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the closing date.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.VETERANS' PREFERENCE.
Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes,candidates eligible for Veterans' Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply.Candidates claiming Veterans' Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans' Preference documentation requirements are available by clickinghere. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement. Nearest Major Market:
Posting ID: 558410094Posted: 2020-05-22