Agency: Children and Families
Working Title: OPERATIONS REVIEW SPECIALIST - 60023715 - ESS Program
Salary: $47,500 minimum
Posting Closing Date: 05/28/2020The Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF)
isthe state of Florida's social services agency. The agency oversees services for child safety, fostering, adoption, domestic violence, adult protective services, refugees, homelessness, mental health, substance abuse, child care providers, human trafficking and public assistance. The agency's mission is to work in partnership with local communities to protect the vulnerable, promote strong and economically self-sufficient families, and advance personal and family recovery and resiliency.
Within DCF,the Economic Self-Sufficiency (ESS) Program
helps to promote strong and economically self-sufficient communities by determining eligibility for food, cash and medical assistance for individuals and families on the road to economic recovery.
Under the ESS Program,the Office of Public Benefits Integrity (OPBI)
is responsible for investigating public assistance fraud or misuse regarding the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), and Medicaid programs by individuals or merchants. TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION RESPONSES TO THE QUALIFYING QUESTIONS ARE REQUIRED AND MUST BE VERIFIABLE BASED ON YOUR SUBMITTED APPLICATION.WORKING TITLE:
Data Analyst I Job Description
The incumbent's primary duties include analysis of broad range of data from public assistance programs includingSupplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), and Medicaidwhile utilizing Sequel (SQL) and Business Intelligence (BI) software. Other duties include automation of Extract Transform Load (ETL) and maintenance of data from DCF data warehouse and external data sources. This position is responsible for working with DCF management team and stakeholders to provide accurate data products while ensuring compliance with Department's policy and adhering to time sensitive deadlines. The incumbent's typical workday will include interpreting data requests, researching, developing queries as well as testing and validation of data. This is a highly technical position and requires ability to adapt and solve complex problems. Job Duties Include:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Query data from various sources and produce reports and visualizations to provide statistical analysis of performance metrics related to the ESS programs.
- Identify trends and patterns of public assistance data to help families become self-sufficient.
- Perform data analysis on ESS program data to identify common problems and issues that require corrective actions.
- Develop and validate reports and present data to Executive management team.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of reports to produce public record requests.
- Utilize MS SQL Server, Excel, and Qlik to perform complex data analysis.
- Provide technical assistance to field staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of SNAP, TANF, and Medicaid programs
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of database administration
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse environments
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of the concepts and theories of data processing.
- Knowledge of project control and resource estimating techniques.
- Knowledge of mathematics.
- Knowledge of Excel functions and macros.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to develop various reports including technical data.
- 1 year working with SQL.
- 2 years' experience working with large database environments.
- 2 years of verifiable data reporting experience.
- 1 year experience in presenting reports and visualizations.
DCF EMPLOYMENT DISCLOSURES
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field. Related work experience can substitute as a year-for-year basis. Please note, when submitting a college/university degree, if selected for this position official transcripts will be required.
- 1 year of Qlik or other Business Intelligence (BI) tool experience.
- 1 year of Data modeling experience.
- 1 year of DB2 database experience.
US CITIZEN REQUIREMENTOnly US citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers will be hired.
SELECTIVE SERVICE SYSTEM REGISTRATIONAll selected male candidates born on or after October 1, 1962, will not be eligible for hire or promotion into an authorized position unless they are registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). Verification of Selective Service registration will be conducted prior to hire. For more information, please visit the SSS website:http://www.sss.gov.
RETIREE NOTICEIf you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be suspended or voided, and you required to repay all benefits received depending upon the date of your retirement.
BACKGROUND SCREENINGIt is the policy of the Florida Department of Children and Families that any applicant being considered for employment must successfully complete a State and National criminal history check as a condition of employment before beginning employment, and, if applicable, also be screened in accordance with the requirements of Chapter 435, F.S., and Chapter 408, F.S. No applicant may begin employment until the background screening results are received, reviewed for any disqualifying offenses, and approved by the Agency. Background screening shall include, but not be limited to, fingerprinting for State and Federal criminal records checks through the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and may include local criminal history checks through local law enforcement agencies.
BENEFIT RECOVERY SCREENINGCandidates applying to positions in the Economic Self-Sufficiency Program may have a Benefit Recovery check completed to validate current or former public assistance case information before completing the hiring process.
VETERAN'S PREFERENCEPursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans' Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans' Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans' Preference documentation requirements are available by clickinghere. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement. Nearest Major Market:
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.VETERANS' PREFERENCE.
Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes,candidates eligible for Veterans' Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply.Candidates claiming Veterans' Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans' Preference documentation requirements are available by clickinghere. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement. Nearest Major Market: