Agency: Department of Corrections
Working Title: FDC-CLERK TYPIST SPECIALIST - F/C - 70017150 CALHOUN CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION
Salary: $19,966.44 - $34,370.10 annually
Posting Closing Date: 05/26/2020***OPEN COMPETITIVE ADVERTISEMENT***Clerk Typist Specialist F/C - 70017150
This advertisement is for a Career Service position located at Calhoun Correctional Institution in the Classification Department.
Salary Range: $19,966.44 - $34,370.10 annually
SALARY WILL BE DETERMINED IN ACCORDANCE WITH CURRENT PAY POLICY.SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Prepares correspondence, memorandums, and assists/performs clerical duties for the Classification Department.
- Completes clerical duties within the Inmate Records area as assigned by the Correctional Sentence Specialist. This may include completing Support Staff audits on newly received inmates, maintenance and accountability of inmate files, and preparing forms and documents for the Inmate Records area.
- Inputs data into the CDC data base system and retrieves and prints requested information.
- Receives, date stamps and sorts mail for the Classification Department. Ensures all mail is promptly distributed to the appropriate staff.
- Copies, scans, and faxes documents using the appropriate equipment.
- Provides clerical assistance and support with Special Projects assigned to the Classification Department.
- Answers telephone calls professionally and provides customer service to include assisting inmate families. Promptly forwards or takes information for telephone inquiries to be completed by other Classification Staff.
- Provides any requested clerical duties as assigned by the Immediate Supervisor.
- Support file audits on newly arriving inmates.
- Sorting filing materials and placing documents into the inmate file.
- Typing forms and obtaining and preparing inmate files for transfer.
- Typing correspondence, letters, memorandums and forms for the Classification Staff.
- Preparing information for posting to the Inmate Population.
- Organizing and maintaining files on Classification documentation.
- Entering data into the CDC data base and obtaining print-outs.
- Answering phones and providing assistance to callers.
- Assisting and preparing clerical documents for Special Projects.
- Sorts and stamps daily Classification mail.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of computer software including applications.
- Skill in typing.
- Ability to operate general office equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of correct spelling, punctuation and grammar usage.
- Ability to alphabetize and file.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Ability to use correct spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Ability to type letters, memoranda and other standard business forms in correct format.
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Six months of clerical experience preferred.
Support of knowledge, skills, and abilities should be demonstrated on the application, in the education, in the work experience, in the work sample, in the interview and/or during reference checks.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above indicated qualification and have the desired education, knowledge and experience, please submit a State of Florida Application and resume through the People First system. If you experience problems applying on-line, please call the People First Service Center at 1-877-562-7287.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the closing date.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.VETERANS' PREFERENCE.
Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes,candidates eligible for Veterans' Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply.Candidates claiming Veterans' Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans' Preference documentation requirements are available by clickinghere. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement. Nearest Major Market: