Work for Indiana
Grow your career with the State of Indiana! With more than 50 executive branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a diverse workforce offering employees stimulating and challenging projects across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana employee, you impact the well-being of Indiana's communities every day. About the Indiana Department of Correction:
We promote public safety by providing meaningful, effective opportunities for successful re-entry. As the model of best correctional practices, we strive to return productive citizens to our communities and inspire a culture of accountability, integrity and professionalism. Salary Information:
This role traditionally hires at a base salary of $34,398. About the Job:
As the Maintenance Foreman, you will be responsible for preventative maintenance and/or maintenance repair work in a state facility. This individual supervises a crew of maintenance workers following general instructions and standard practices of the trade. A Day in the Life:
The essential functions of this role are as follows:
- Oversees and participates in alterations, repairs and general maintenance of state facilities.
- Prepares detailed estimates of new or repair projects.
- Arranges for acquisition and transport of materials and equipment to job site.
- Checks materials to determine if they meet specifications.
- Inspects maintenance projects to ensure repair work is being properly completed.
- Supervises and coordinates maintenance work crews in assigned work.
- Provides on-the-job training for unique or special jobs as needed.
- Ensures that all safety standards and precautions are followed by all subordinate workers.
- Maintains work order log, keeps time records of crew and submits time reports.
- Amends work plans as needed to efficiently complete projects.
- Writes procedural manuals as needed.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time. What We're Looking For:
What You'll Need for Success:
- Thorough knowledge of standard practices, processes, materials and procedures and the ability to use tools and equipment of the various trades such as carpentry, plumbing and electrical.
- Thorough knowledge of IOSHA regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of qualities and adaptabilities of various materials used in the repair of maintenance projects.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Direct Reports:
- Ability to plan, layout and estimate proposed projects in terms of equipment, man hours and costs.
- Ability to layout, assign, schedule and supervise the work of skilled maintenance workers.
- Effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
This role may serve as a team lead for an assigned work group.
This role provides supervision for offenders and requires a high level of judgment and care. Benefits of Employment with the State of Indiana:
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees which includes:
Equal Employment Opportunity:
- Four (4) medical plan options (including RX coverage) and vision/dental coverages
- Wellness program (offers eligibility into a discounted medical plan)
- Health savings account (includes bi-weekly state contribution)
- Deferred compensation account (similar to 401k plan) with employer match
- Two (2) fully-funded pension plan options
- Group life insurance
- Employee assistance program that allows for covered behavioral health visits
- Paid vacation, personal and sick time off
- Competitive leave policies covering a variety of employee needs
- 12 company paid holidays, 14 on election years
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- New Parent Leave
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Current Employee? Click here to apply.
Posting ID: 558410133Posted: 2020-05-22