Registered Nurse (RN), Emergency Department (ED) We're hiring for a Registered Nurse (RN)/Staff Nursein our Emergency Department (ED) at Binghamton General Hospital
, a 24-hour trauma, stroke and orthopedic center, UHS Binghamton General Hospital ED is a 14 bed with 25-30% Behavioral Health patients that is attached to the Crisis Center. This position is part time Nights (7:00 PM -7:00 AM) located at 10-42 Mitchell Ave, Binghamton, NY 13903.
The Registered Nurse (RN)/Staff Nurse on this Emergency unit protects, promotes, and optimizes health and abilities, prevention of illness and injury, and the alleviation of suffering through the diagnosis and treatment of human response and through advocacy in the care of individuals and families. Registered Nurse (RN)/Staff Nurse Essential Functions:
Essential functions are those tasks, duties and responsibilities that are performed with or without reasonable accommodation.
Registered Nurse (RN)/Staff Nurse - Required Education/Experience
- Assesses, plans, delegates, coordinates, implements and evaluates nursing care in managing a group of patients, serving as a primary nurse and/or accountable nurse, when designated by unit assignment and consideration of factors related to safety, effectiveness, competency, cost and impact.
- Educates patient and family in health promotion and disease management using available resources.
- Utilizes a working knowledge of pharmacology and safely administers medications according to UHS Hospitals policy.
- Shares in responsibility for productivity and effective resources utilization including staffing, time management, supplies and services.
- Complies with all nursing practice standards, regulatory requirements, and UHS policies.
- Actively engages in professional development, continuing nursing education, and completing all mandatory education requirements.
- Integrates nursing research and current evidence into practice.
- Provides a supportive learning environment for new employees and students.
- Performs duties related to the Charge Nurse or Shift Coordinator role when assigned
Registered Nurse (RN)/Staff Nurse - Preferred Education/Experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- Previous clinical nursing experience in an acute care or ambulatory setting
- Current New York State Registered Nurse License.
- CPR certification within 3 months of hire
- ENPC within one year of hire
- TNCC within one year of hire
- ACLS within one year of hire
- PALS within one year of hire
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing
- Professional certification in a related nursing specialty
It is the policy of United Health Services Inc. and members of the United Health Services System to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, military status or genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other basis that would be in violation of Federal, New York State or local law. UHS employees are committed to the organizational values and professional standards which guide our workplace actions and decisions. Be Compassionate, Deliver Excellence, values Teamwork, Pursue, Knowledge, Build Trust, Demonstrate Respect, and think like and Owner. To explore career opportunities please visit:
If interested, please apply online or reach out to Cody Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enter job description