The Student Finance Advisor assists the Director of Student Finance in administering financial aid programs according to federal, state, accreditation, and institutional policies and guidelines.
Primary/Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Complies with all Federal, State, accreditation and institutional policies and procedures.
· Assists in interpreting Federal, State, accrediting agency, and institutional regulations, policies and procedures.
· Interview prospective students to determine financial aid eligibility.
· Ability to prepare and explain Preliminary Award to students and parents.
· Partner with the Admissions department in order to facilitate outstanding service to prospective students and their parents.
· Review student files for completeness and accuracy and submit for review in a timely manner. Responsible for effective communication with students, staff and faculty.
· Collect and maintain confidential student documentation in accordance with Federal, State, accrediting agencies, and institutional policies.
· Ability to prioritize responsibilities in order to achieve deadlines.
· Review and authorize student’s FA award.
· Prepare and explain Cost Summary Addendum and Enrollment Agreement to students and parents.
· Provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers
· Ensures ethical and accurate documentation and recordkeeping which meets all company and regulatory agency standards.
· Contribute to the overall success of the department and the student Participate as an active team member of the Corporate Student Financial Services Department and ensure active communication and cohesive working relationship with all other departments.
· Other duties as assigned.
Key Success Factors
· Prior knowledge of Title IV eligibility, awarding and disbursement regulations and processes.
· Prior experience in a student advising environment
· Ability to make professional judgment decisions as it relates to Title IV awarding and processing.
· Works with a sense of urgency and responsiveness to students and co-workers.
· Achieves a consistent 90% accuracy rate in file review submission
· Demonstrate the willingness and ability to complete additional training opportunities as assigned by the Student Finance Advising leadership team.