3West Inpatient Surgery - 36 bed unit
Are you an energetic, strong team player interested in the surgical population?
We specialize in orthopedics, traumatic injury and plastic surgery. We have great emphasis on getting people up, moving and recovering from injury and operations.
The Clinical Nurse is responsible for utilizing the nursing process to provide evidence-based care and to continuously monitor and evaluate practice to ensure safe passage of patients that is in the best interest of populations served.
Responsibilities: A listing of the key responsibilities
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, diagnose, identify outcomes, plan, implement and evaluate an individualized plan of care.
- Utilizes critical thinking and the nursing process to anticipate and recognize changes in patient status, taking action to modify the plan of care or to elevate to the care team as necessary.
- Practices in accordance with the ANA Code of Ethics to advocate for patients, uphold their autonomy in decision-making, ensure informed consent and assist patients in families in expressing self-determination.
- Actively seeks feedback and acts to improve performance.
- Engages in the governance of practice.
- Manages interpersonal relationships for self and with others.
- Mentors colleagues for the advancement of nursing practice and the profession.
- Assumes authority and accountability for the nursing care of patients while appropriately delegating elements of care to others members of the care delivery team in accordance with laws, regulations and policies and procedures.
- Prioritizes and organizes time to optimize patient outcomes.
- Actively seeks out the most current evidence and standards and applies and translates to daily practice.
- Role models a culture of inquiry, developing new knowledge by contributing to research, quality improvement, and evidence-based practice at the local level.
- Communicates effectively in a variety of formats in all areas of practice.
- Actively partners with others to effect change that produces positive outcomes through the exchange of knowledge.
- Precepts the student nurse, nurse extern, nurse resident, experienced clinical nurse and other members of the healthcare team.
from an accredited Nursing Program required.
of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) with 1 year of experience.
Degree (ADN) prepared nurses with 2 years' experience.
Associate Degree (ADN) prepared nurses must commit to completing a BSN or
higher nursing degree within 10 years of their hire date.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
Registered Nurse in New Hampshire required.
Life Support (BLS) Certificate required upon hire and as applicable, higher
level per unit certification requirements as stated on the grid attached to the
AHA and Life Support Policy
Certificate required upon hire in Endoscopy, Tele-ICU, Day Surgery Center at
CGP (Manchester), Life Safety and Cardiology-Echocardiography
Posting ID: 558996173Posted: 2020-12-05