The Transportation Supervisor is responsible for leading and controlling activities of branch warehouse personnel assigned to the Transportation Department. This position will manage a variety of warehouse activities in an accurate, efficient and cost-effective manner. The successful candidate will manage his/her own staff as well as interface with other departments and customers.
Your career path has many avenues available for you to succeed. Are you looking to advance at a rate that matches your ambition and skill set? At Bunzl, we understand and want to invest in you. With our multi-career options, you will not only be able to find the adventure you are looking for today, but can be confident that new opportunities will be there for advancement in your future.
At Bunzl, we know that our employees are our number one asset. We seek to recruit and retain the right people who are passionate about our business and we provide opportunities for our employees so that they may progress within our company based on their talents, experiences, and their aptitude. Responsibilities:
- Analyzes and proposes methods of sustained productivity increases
- Maintain a clean, orderly and organized work environment
- Ensures safe working conditions including properly training employees on proper safety methods
- Responsible for the proper collection, dispersal and retention of drivers logs, fuel tax reports, accident files and registers
- Effectively counsel and manage employees on attendance, performance and/or misconduct
- Responsible for managing the maintenance and repairs of all transportation-related equipment
- Takes responsibility for maximizing the cube fill rate on the delivery vehicles along with minimizing delivery costs and increasing driver productivity
- Directs employee on proper shipping and loading procedures
- Audits various paperwork and postings (i.e. driver logs, manifests, OSHA postings, etc.) for completeness, accuracy and compliance with appropriate local, provincial and federal laws, statutes and company policies
- Communicates and cooperates with other departments such as Sales, Purchasing and Human Resources
So, what are you waiting for? A new career awaits you with endless opportunities.
- High School diploma or equivalent, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Five or more years of experience managing the transportation functions of a warehouse in a distribution environment
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal OSHA safety and DOT transportation regulations preferred
- Experience with Omnitracs or similar fleet management systems preferred
- Experience in hazmat certifications preferred
- Must be organized, dependable and a strong leader
- Experience as a commercial driver preferred
- Must be familiar with MS Office software and knowledge of AS400 is preferred
Bunzl is a global leader in the Cleaning & Hygiene, Food Processing, Grocery, Health Care, Non-Food Retail, and Safety industries. We have grown both organically and through acquisitions to sales in excess of $10 billion. Bunzl North America is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. Bunzl North America owns and operates more than 100 warehouses and serves all 50 states, Puerto Rico, Canada and parts of the Caribbean and Mexico. With more than 5,000 employees and 400,000 plus supplies, Bunzl is regarded as a leading supplier in North America.Bunzl Distribution offers competitive salaries, a comfortable work environment, and a full range of benefits including a 401k with a companymatch.Bunzl Distribution has a tradition of commitment to equal employment opportunity. It is the established policy to attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status as provided by law.
Posting ID: 559303771Posted: 2020-07-14