Description Don't just make a living...Make a Difference! Become a Care Partner today!
Our team is growing, and we invite you to learn more about this exciting opportunity with Texas Home Health
(An AccentCare , Inc.
company). Learn more about us at www.accentcare.com.Texas Home Health
is seeking reliable, compassionate Care Partners
. At Texas Home Health
we provide paid training, sick time, mileage & travel time (between Clients), and we work with your schedule offering a variety of shifts. POSITION SUMMARY:
Responsible for providing personal care assistance services to the client in accordance with the established service plan to enable the client to function in the home and community. Care Partners are utilized to initiate services, prevent a break in service, and provide on-going service. AccentCare, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations to "otherwise qualified individuals."MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions of the Position):
- The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Responsible for providing personal assistance services to the client in accordance with the established service plan to enable the client to function in the home and community.
- Must be flexible for scheduling.
- Participate in an On-Call rotation.
- Shall perform services as identified on the Service Plan.
- Report to the supervisor any significant changes in client's circumstances or condition.
- Shall report emergency situations to appropriate individuals in accordance with written policies.
- Check for safety measures to be taken on an on-going basis for client and attendant protection.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including, but not limited to the Compliance Program: Code of Conduct, HIPAA and Documentation Standards.
- Maintains a commitment to the values and mission of AccentCare.
- Six continuous months of experience in delivering personal care tasks in family care, primary home care, personal assistance services, client managed attendant services; or listed as a nurse's aide on the Texas Department of Health or nurse's aide registry.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) preferred.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Must not be the parent of a minor child or spouse of client - on service with the agency
- Must be free of communicable disease and open infectious wounds
- Must have a valid Texas driver's license and current automobile liability insurance. Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to stand and walk throughout majority of shift on various surfaces in client's homes.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds such as mop buckets, groceries, and bags with trash
- Must be able to push/pull up to various weights while performing tasks such as pushing client in wheelchair and transferring client.
- Must be able to climb stairs up to two levels daily while making client visits.
- Must be able to balance while assisting clients to walk and climb stairs on a daily basis while performing client care activities.
- Must be able to bend, twist, use rotating motions and reach while performing various client care activities.
- Must be able to handle various client care supplies such as needles, dressings, and equipment.
- Must be able to accurately chart and read client's records.
- Must be alert and able to identify and avoid hazards. Report all hazards immediately and take corrective measures as directed.
Please apply to this position or contact your local office at (432)522-5080
with any questions.
Thank you for your interest in Texas Home Health
Posting ID: 559303781Posted: 2020-06-02