Responsible for managing all aspects of a specific department(s) within the restaurant including the selection, development and performance management of restaurant Team Members, optimizing profits and increasing sales.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Manage all areas of operations for a specific department including marketing and human resources, while ensuring the Company's standards of quality, service and operations are maintained.
• Manage operations during scheduled shifts that include daily decision-making, staff support, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
• Frequently interacts with Guests to ensure they receive the Fridays Service Style experience; follow up on any issues and complaints they may have.
• Proactively runs shifts and anticipates Guest needs.
• Ensures that the restaurant and staff are set up for an outstanding shift.
• Ensures all newly hired Team Members follow and complete their appropriate training plan, including required paper and electronic paperwork (tip credit notices included where applicable).
• Maintain an accurate and up-to-date manpower plan of department staffing needs.
• Prepares schedules and ensures that their department is staffed for all shifts.
• Use the recruiting process to interview hourly Team Members, ensuring Team Members hired are fit with the brand
• Staff, train and develop their department's hourly Team Members through ongoing feedback and coaching, establishment of performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews on a regular basis.
• Identify operational opportunities to build sales and control costs; develop and implement plans to address opportunities (i.e., R&M, marketing).
• Perform liquor, wine, and beer check in to ensure proper invoicing.
• Ensure proper security procedures are in place to protect Team Members, Guests and Company assets, including security of beer walk-in, liquor room, store room, freezer and office.
• Prepare end of shift reports.
• Directly supervise Team Members, coaching, correcting behaviors as needed, and providing recognition to continuously improve performance.
• When acting as Manager on duty, oversee all of the restaurant's operations and conduct root cause analysis as needed to guarantee operational efficiency and an excellent Guest experience.
• Ensure great food is served to every Guest through managing all Team Members.
• Manages inventory efficiently, accurately, and in a cost-effective manner.
• Fosters open communication with BOH and FOH staff.