TX208-TX-Frisco Bridges Building A (Duke Br I) Job Description
Software Development Engineer, Test (SDET)
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) tackles a variety of technical challenges at T-Mobile. They are a core member of the development team and participate in the complete development lifecycle process. We are looking for someone to develop, implement, and sustain test automation processes, practices, and controls in support of our Products and Services APIs, which is the conduit for Product data for T-Mobile selling systems. We are looking for someone who can create high quality, maintainable, and performant code for automated test cases and the frameworks we use to execute and report them.Req ID
Product and Technology Location Address
7668 Warren Pkwy Frisco Bridges Tech CampusEOE Statement
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.Brand
- Designs, develops, and maintains automation systems and tools to be used by development and test engineers.
- Assists in designing test cases for unit, functional, performance, scalability, and durability testing (where applicable).
- Manages and grooms the automated and manual test suites regularly to ensure proper balance between coverage and fast feedback cycles.
- Develop test plans and maintain them regularly, working with product owners, system analysts, developers, and external vendors.
- Design, document and manage functional, integration and regression test suites.
- Hands-on test planning, test development, testing and defect submission
- Identify E2E scenarios that exercise operational and business workflows
- Exceptional debugging skills and ability to identify root cause of a test failure
- Analyzes code coverage using industry standard tools such as SonarQube.
- Ensures automated tests are integrated into the Continuous Delivery Pipeline.
- Grows and maintains technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and remove obstacles.
- Guide the completion of root cause analysis to ensure issues do not recur.
- Operates as a contributing part of the DevOps team, participating in 24x7 support and primary on-call rotations.
- Contributes in Design and Design Reviews.
- Contributes in code reviews.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
- Minimum Required
- 2+ years professional experience using 3 or more automation tools (e.g., Selenium, TestNG, Appium, Sauce Labs, Rest Assured, Postman, Cucumber, Jasmine, Protractor, etc.)
- 2+ years professional experience with various testing methodologies and strategies: Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, etc
- 2+ years professional experience designing and developing applications on Unix or designing complex multi-tiered applications.
- 2+ years minimum experience with Agile/Scrum
- Experience with REST APIs and Microservices.
- Familiarity with Cucumber, Spring, Java, JIRA, GitLab, Splunk is a plus.
- Strong willingness to learn new technologies and quality engineering practices
- Excellent communication and cross-group collaboration skills
- Quick learner and proactive personality.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related Engineering fields
License or Certification
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 43 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.State
Full TimeTravel Required?