Requisition Number: 20005189
The Lead Gastroenterology Technician, under clinical supervision, performs examinations, procedures and leads other technicians, ensuring that procedures are performed according to standards. The Lead Technician assists and monitors others in cleaning, disinfecting and sterilizing examination equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
The Lead Gastroenterology Technician assists Clinical Nurses and Physicians in exams and procedures requiring sedation by placing, guiding and advancing fiber-optic, endo or flexible sigmoid scope and performs gastric chartings involving timing, measuring and evaluating pH in gastric fluids. The Lead Technician assists in resuscitation, CPR, and monitors and charts patients physiological information such as blood pressure, heart rate, etc. In addition, the Lead Technician prepares quality control reports detailing equipment usage maintenance and repair and acts as GI Labs liaison with EHR and BIS contacts to report issues and concerns.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
The ideal candidate must have strong verbal, written and communication skills, have the ability to train new technicians and exemplifies the Baylor Scott & White Health behaviors with patients and staff.
- Specialty/Department/Practice - Endoscopy Lab
- Shift/Schedule - Days (630am - 300pm) M-F
- Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits, 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%, Tuition Reimbursement, PTO accrual beginning Day 1. Please note, benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - A minimum of 5 years experience required
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
Basic Life Support (BLS), Cardiopulmonary Resuscitate (CPR): BLS or CPR within 30 days or hire or transfer.
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Gastroenterology Tech - Days
Location_formattedLocationLong: Frisco, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent EEO is the Law Poster, click here.
Posting ID: 559412136Posted: 2020-06-03