As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step! JOB SUMMARY
This job is responsible for ensuring that all appropriate billing charges are being captured, documented, charged and reimbursed for the assigned department in accordance with policies and procedures, and applicable regulatory standards and requirements. Plans, conducts and evaluates reviews and audits of clinical documentation and billing practices for conformity with applicable regulatory requirements. Identifies proactive opportunities to strengthen charge capture processes, enhance regulatory compliance and facilitate appropriate revenue capture. Responds to third-party audits as well as charge recovery vendor solution audits. Provide training and education to clinical/charging staff & management on appropriate documentation and charge capture processes. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Qualifications:KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Conducts reviews/audits to identify potential charging & billing issues including lost revenue opportunities; prepares reports based on findings, and provides summary of findings to impacted departments.
- Works with clinical departments and other impacted departments to ensure audit findings are addressed and to assist in implementing best charging practice moving forward.
- Identifies, researches and analyzes billing errors and/or omissions, working with appropriate staff/team members; ensures that revisions/corrections forwarded and incorporated in processing systems in timely manner.
- Provides training to staff engaged in billing data entry and related charge-capture/reconciliation activities to ensure procedures are understood and that charges booked are timely, appropriate, accurate, complete and properly documented.
- Stays current with CMS, AHA & state coding/charging & reimbursement guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned to meet client expectations that would include root cause analysis, research of complex charging issues, implementation of corrective actions & provide subject matter expertise during system upgrades & implementations.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of audit principles and guidelines.
- Knowledge of the accepted principles, practices and tools relating to general healthcare billing, cost accounting and reimbursement.
- Knowledge of policies, standards and methodologies pertaining to charge capture and reconciliation, reporting, documentation and general compliance.
- Knowledge of CPT/HCPCS codes.
- Knowledge of the content and application of published health information management coding conventions, e.g., as referenced in 'Coding Clinics' and/or other nationally recognized coding guidelines.
- Ability to recognize, research and correct charging/documentation discrepancies.
- Knowledge of the standards and regulatory requirements applicable to matters within designated scope of authority, including medical/legal issues.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and abbreviations, and health care nomenclature and systems.
- Ability to use office equipment and automated systems/applications/software at an acceptable level of proficiency.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as required by the duties of the position.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook Skills
- Five years recent directly related work experience in a healthcare environment with significant exposure to healthcare coding/billing/reimbursement or completion of a recognized course of study for health information practitioners or coding specialists and three years coding experience in an acute hospital health information management department
- Applicable clinical or professional certifications and licenses such as LVN/LPN and RN highly desirable
- Hospital charge audit experience highly desirable
- Must be able to work in sitting position, use computer and answer telephone
- Ability to travel
- Includes ability to walk through hospital-based departments across broad campus settings, including Emergency Department environments
- Office Work Environment
- Hospital Work Environment
Job: Conifer Health Solutions
Primary Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Posting ID: 559412161Posted: 2020-06-03