The Surgical Technician demonstrates basic knowledge and skills in the scrub role, necessary to provide assistance during Labor and Delivery procedures.
- The Surgical Technician is responsible for aseptic technique, setting up the required equipment, instrumentation and sterile supplies as needed for their assigned cases.
- Scrubbing and passing instruments and equipment during surgical procedures.
- Pulling cases as needed, breaking down cases at the end of the procedure, sets up operating room and supplies needed for day/following day s schedule.
- Available for call on an assigned/ scheduled basis as required by unit need.
- When need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Graduate of Surgical Technician Program.
1 year experience as surgical technician
Surgical Technology Certification
Job: Surgery Tech
Primary Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Facility: Shelby Baptist Med Ctr
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Posting ID: 559412325Posted: 2020-06-10