HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!Job Description & QualificationsJob Summary
Responsible for expediting all cashiers and service desk transactions. Troubleshoot customer service issues on front end of store.Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
Nature and Scope
- Trains cashiers/front end associates according to company policies.
- Ensures customer service is provided in a timely fashion.
- Opens or closes store bank and maintains accuracy of store bank.
- Approves checks, refunds, and bank card transactions.
- Implements special sales, credit card offers, and promotional campaigns.
- Ensures all returned merchandise is put back on floor or damaged out as appropriate.
- Ensures observance all SOP's (Standard Operating Policies) including, but not limited to, all safety related practices and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Problems are typically difficult and/or high impact. Troubleshoots complex support or operational problems for junior level associates.
- Under limited supervision, independently resolves issues and applies a variety of methods to develop customized solutions. May lead the daily operations of a department or team. Work typically involves infrequent review of output by a supervisor or direct customers of the process.
- Assists with supervisory duties but does not have hiring/firing authority. Trains, delegates tasks, and reviews the work of junior level associates.
Education and Experience
- Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors, such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific DetailsPreferred Qualifications
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in some areas. Generally 7+ years of experience in area of responsibility.
- Associate's degree or 2 years completed at a 4 year college or university and currently enrolled in college courses preferred.
- Must have cashier and cash room experience.
- Ability to pass a forklift training and certification program.
PRID158Job LocationsUS-CA-HaywardPosted Date1 month ago(5/26/2020 5:27 PM)Job ID2020-37836Business UnitHome Improvement SolutionsFunctional AreaRetailRemote Position?NoPosition TypeFull-TimePosting Location : Postal Code94545
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.
Posting ID: 559413478Posted: 2020-07-01