At WellStar, we all share common goals. That's what makes us so successful - and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
In collaboration with system leadership, the Executive Director is responsible for:
• Developing, organizing, coordinating and facilitating unit/Department/Division specific strategies to achieve organizational objectives
• Translating the system vision to departmental/Division, operational strategies, prioritizing and executing those strategies
• Integrating varied practices, standards, policies and procedures to insure optimization of resources
• Establishing an environmental framework that celebrates cultural diversity, communication, business ethics, accountability and empowerment.
• Developing and managing a fiscal, operational plan that supports system, strategic imperatives and value analysis.
It is expected that all Nurse Leaders are licensed, knowledgeable and uphold the practice of nursing as outlined by the Georgia Professional Nurse Practice Act and implements the Scope of Practice and Code of Ethics Standards put forth by the American Nurses Association. As a member of the patient services team, it is expected the individual upholds the voice of the patient, system policies and procedures while supporting service excellence goals.
Required Minimum Education: Must hold either a Master's Degree in Nursing or Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from accredited nursing schools with a Master's Degree in related field.
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification: Registered Nurse, actively licensed in the state of Georgia. National certification in nursing administration or clinical specialty preferred. Must have a current BLS card from the American Heart Association on the first day of employment in position.
Required Minimum Experience: Minimum of 10-12 total years of experience as a Registered Nurse; includes 5-7 years of progressive operational leadership in a manager or director level role. Five years experience in managing multiple departments in the peri-operative area, preferably in a large (5,000+ cases annually) or multi-hospital system.
Required Minimum Skills: Performance management skills, financial acumen (including experience with value analysis), strategic planning, communication skills, knowledge of industry standards, leadership and interpersonal skills; analytical skills to solve technical problems as well as abstract reasoning to define course of actions when information may be vague or unclear.
Posting ID: 559413507Posted: 2020-06-03