Make a real difference every minute of every day!
Find endless opportunities to elevate your career!
Unity Point Trinity in Bettendorf is seeking a full time night shift ED Tech. This would be 3, 12 hour shifts per week, 6:45pm-7:15am . If you enjoy a fast paced environment where you get to help a variety of patients from children to the elderly this may be the positon for you . You will be an integral part of the healthcare team collaborating with nurses and doctors.
Housed at 4500 Utica Ridge Road in Bettendorf, this newest hospital in the Quad Cities was built in 2004, and is licensed for 139 beds.
Trinity Bettendorf offers spacious rooms and upscale amenities to aid in the patient healing process. Additionally, the hospital is directly connected to the Terrace Park Professional Center, where many of our physicians have medical offices.
Under the direct supervision of a Nurse, provide basic nursing care for the personal and comfort needs of the patient.
Promotes, monitors and maintains a safe clean environment by assisting with identifying safety needs of patients and modifying the environment to meet these needs, perform light housekeeping functions to maintain a clean, neat and orderly work/patient care area, adhering to established Universal/Standard precautions.
Provides for efficient operation of unit/department by taking initiative and assuming other responsibilities as needed. Contributes effectively to the communication needs of the department by acknowledging patients, healthcare providers and visitors upon arrival to the unit, engaging in collaborative communication, identifying and reporting patient care concerns in a timely manner, practicing excellent telephone etiquette.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Successful completion and documentation of one of the following:
1. Active Certified Nursing Assistant as listed on the IA or IL Healthcare Worker Registry and/or active certification in another state and awaiting certification in state of employment
2. Certified Nursing Assistant listed as inactive on a Healthcare Worker Registry who is currently in a role similar to a Patient Care Technician in a hospital or similar non-skilled/long term care facility. Previous certification and registry status must have been obtained; current employment as a Certified Nursing Assistant must be verified.
3. EMT-B or EMT-P licensure.
4. Graduation from an accredited nursing program and waiting for NCLEX re-examination.
5. Current employment as a PCT working within Trinity Medical Center that were grandfathered into the PCT position title; continued employment as a PCT must be maintained otherwise recertification will be required
Current CPR certification
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
Microsoft Office - basic computer skills.
Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities.
Posting ID: 559413510Posted: 2020-06-03