UnityPoint Health is actively recruiting for an Associate Medical Director to help lead our Peoria, IL Hospital Medicine Group.
Responsibilities Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Within his/her specific division/departments and in partnership with a Director of Clinic Operations;
o Ensures that quality assurance programs are maintained and monitored to evaluate the quality and appropriateness of patient care provided by physicians in the region, including patient satisfaction.
o Leads monitoring of patient care delivery against established, evidence-based standards and develops action plans to address deficits.
o Assures assigned division/departments meets budgeted operating margin.
Participates in the development of the overall strategy and the strategy for the regional integrated delivery system.
Provides proactive communication, leadership and advocacy for the diverse components of the division. Builds and promotes the common vision and goals of the organization.
Proactively manages performances of all physicians and providers in assigned division/domains. Executes and follows-up on performance management plans when issues have been identified.
Works collaboratively with other regional leaders on all matters related to the creation of a seamless delivery system.
Communicates regularly with Vice President Medical Director and senior management on issues related to physician effectiveness and the quality of diagnostic and therapeutic patient care activities.
Monitors and evaluates effective financial performance and practice variation in order to encourage innovative patient care initiatives.
Participates in the recruitment, hiring, retention and supervision of medical staff.
Participates with the organization's Provider Performance and Retention Process.
Collaborates with statewide service line leads/medical directors, Unitypoint Health affiliates and local regional health centers in building strong relationships in areas of responsibilities.
Works collaboratively with compliance/risk management team on regional issues.
Participates with the communication of physician/provider compensation data and changes to physicians, including face -to-face meetings with stakeholders as needed.
Maintains compliance with CLIA, OSHA and Risk Management guidelines.
Maintains regular and consistent attendance at work.
Maintains compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
Behaves in a manner consistent with all Compliance policies and procedures.
Performs other duties as requested by the Vice President / Medical Director to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
Ensures appropriate confidentiality of all personal, professional, operational and strategic information.
Acts in absence of the VP/Medical Director Region. ACCOUNTABILITY STRUCTURE:
Position will work closely in a peer "dyad" relationship with a Director of Clinic Operations.
Position will provide leadership to Physicians and Providers in assigned division/departments
General supervision is provided by the Vice President/Medical Director
COMMITMENT TO VALUES:
- Medical degree from an accredited institution.
- Board certification in specialty and hold an active Iowa/Illinois medical license.
- Demonstrate strong collegial relationships and quality performance in clinic practice.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative and exercise independent judgment, decision making and problem solving expertise.
- Knowledge of personnel administration and patient relation principles.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience with Clinical Process Improvement.
- Graduate of Unitypoint Health Physician Leadership Academy, preferred.
- MBA, MHA or related master's degree, preferred
- Formal Certification through American College of Physician Executives, preferred.
The following behavior is expected from those employed by this organization: Patients First
- Focus decision making on what's best for our patients
- Provide high-quality, compassionate care
- Communicate effectively with patients, families and other providers
- Improve patient experience and outcomes through care coordination
Pursuit of Excellence
- Be accountable to our patients and each other
- Rise above self-interest for the greater good
- Embrace public transparency of quality and safety metrics
- Earn our patients' trust and deliver on commitments
- Lead healthcare transformation, embracing innovation
- Exceed patient expectations in quality and service
- Embrace best practices and evidence-based care
- Value providers and staff by providing a great work environment
- Share common goals and work together across the system, while acknowledging and adapting to regional needs
- Embrace diversity, respect differences and value individuals across all disciplines
- Be professional and take a positive approach to problem solving
- Recruit and retain partners and staff who share our values and vision
- Be strong, transformative community partners
- Identify and respond to community health needs
- Promote wellness and prevention
- Teach and develop healthcare providers to improve the workforce
This position is 0.25 FTE for Associate Medical Director administrative duties, and will be combined with a staff Hospital Physician role at 0.75 FTE to equal a 1.0 FTE full-time employed Physician role. Please contact Leah Olsen, Physician and Provider Recruiter, at 309-672-4868 or Leah.Olsen@unitypoint.org