This position may sit in one of our UnityPoint Health Iowa or Illinois locations.
The Clinical Engineering Integration Specialist will facilitate the exchange of information between UnityPoint Health (UPH) Information Technology (IT) and Clinical Asset Management (CAM) departments, working to ensure effective planning, deployment, integration, and support of systems, taking into consideration the unique needs of both the individual Clinical Engineering departments and IT. Establish and maintain a relationship with each Clinical Engineering department. Focus on and understand the needs of each Clinical Engineering department and how those needs impact IT. Keep abreast of all Clinical Engineering plans, projects, and standards that may impact IT. Ensure all Clinical Engineering departments are informed of IT plans, projects, and standards that may impact their day to day operations and future planning. Provides system level support and interaction in collaboration with IT for support of medical device interoperability.
- Understands the technological needs of each Clinical Engineering department and coordinates communication with IT.
- Applies systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications.
- Responsible for creating a culture of innovation, learning, teamwork and professionalism, consistent with the mission, vision and values of the UnityPoint Health.
- Regularly communicates with the Regional Service Manager at affiliate, sharing Clinical Engineering related information such as planned projects.
- Establish effective mechanisms of communication to foster an environment of openness, trust, teamwork, and staff development.
- Assesses information systems trends, forecasting the environment, transmitting values, communicating ideas, recommending standards and procedures, developing approaches, programs, processes and systems.
- Communicates the IT problems and service issues identified by each Clinical Engineering department. Develops, documents, tests and modifies the system based on user system design specifications
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Adheres to all UPH personnel policies and procedures, departmental policies and Safety guidelines.
- Behaves in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum two years of experience working with Clinical Engineering technology (e.g. Clinical Engineering / Biomed Technician)
- Minimum two years of experience in information systems, preferably within healthcare.
- Knowledge of computers, electrical, electronic, and mechanical principals required.
- Knowledge of networking, severs, and storage.
- Requires the ability to define business needs and arrive at acceptable solutions.
- Requires highly developed communications and negotiation skills to effectively work with all levels of management throughout the UnityPoint Health, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Knowledge of the full range of existing and emerging information technology and clinical engineering technology capabilities.
- Possesses excellent writing and verbal communications.
- Demonstrates an ability to build consensus among groups or individuals with diverse interests and function effectively as a team leader in a team environment.
- Knowledge of regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Requires a general knowledge of business and management principles.
- Ability to understand and deal effectively with problems and opportunities, which arise, in a complex multiprocessing environment are crucial.
- Ability to work as a team member, creating and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
- A.S. in Electronics, Mechanical Principals, Biomedical Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent formal training preferred.
Posting ID: 559413657Posted: 2020-06-03