Looking for a Registered Nurse for our Rock Island Ambulatory/Endoscopy department to work a .80 (32 hours a week) hours are 11:00am-7:30pm, hours may vary, plus call.
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, contributes professional nursing knowledge and skills in the provision and management of care to patients and their families. Maintains a practice environment that reflects the ANA Code for Nurses, Philosophy of Nursing at UnityPoint Health with in the structure of the Professional Nurse Practice Model and in collaboration with other care givers.
Responsibilities Job description for Endo RN
Job description for Ambulatory RN
- Endo provides diagnostic and therapeutic services to inpatient and outpatients.
- Provide services to patients with various needs including but not limited to screening colonoscopy, and the diagnosis and treatment of patients with; swallowing disorders, esophageal varices, gastroesophageal reflux disease, irritable bowel syndrome, pancreatic disorders, diverticular disease, colon cancer, gastroparesis, cholelithiasis and cholecystitis.
- Endo also supports outpatient and inpatient pulmonary/bronchoscopy patients.
- Provides pre-procedural and post-procedural teaching for outpatient procedures.
- A call team is available for all hours outside of the regular schedule day to provide care for inpatient or emergency room patients needing emergent GI procedures.
- Conscious sedation is routinely provided for appropriate endoscopic procedures provided by the RN staff.
- Monitored and general anesthesia, delivered by an anesthesiologist, is available when patient condition requires it.
- Provides pre-procedural and post- procedural care for patients having surgery in the OR.
- Ensures all lab work, clearances from doctors' offices, and EKGs are completed and within normal limits and recognizes when the patient may need additional or repeat lab work and/or EKG prior to going to surgery.
- Great assessment skills and attention to detail.
- Provides comprehensive discharge teaching to the patient and families. Educates the patient on the signs and symptoms of a post-op infection and potential complication from their procedure.
Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS:Minimum Requirements
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position. Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position. Education:
Diploma from an RN program.
BSN degree Experience:
Prefer one (1) year of hospital clinical experience or demonstrated clinical efficiency. License(s)/Certification(s):
Current licensure in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in primary state. Must apply within 90 days for licensure in secondary state.
Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS).
ACLS, Procedural Sedation Class, and Basic Rhythm Interpretation completed within the first 3 months of hiring. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
Microsoft Office - basic computer skills.
Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions. Other:
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities.
Posting ID: 559413667Posted: 2020-07-01