Daily cleaning and filling supplies in patient rooms, nurses stations, lounges, bathrooms, offices, isolation cleaning of patient rooms, discharge cleaning of patient rooms, and project work as assigned in accordance with standard procedures of the Environmental Services Department and in accordance with hospital objectives.
Will use cleaning devices including housekeeper cart, germicidal disinfectant chemicals, high dusters, microfiber mops, ladders, vacuum, mini extractor, Xenex and other necessary equipment and supplies.
Responsibilities ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Perform cleaning functions in assigned areas following established schedule and using prescribed methods.
- Dust all horizontal surfaces.
- Empty wastebaskets.
- Damp wipe clean all furniture.
- Clean and polish metal and porcelain fixtures in bathroom.
- Wet mop floors of rooms and offices.
- Vacuum all carpeted areas.
- Spot carpet when spills are reported using appropriate chemicals and equipment.
- Spot clean walls and windows.
- Polish metal surfaces.
- Replenish room supplies.
- Clean discharge patient rooms following specific department procedures.Assist in cleaning of emergency spill observed or upon request. Maintain assigned equipment for cleanliness and have repairs made when needed. Observe and report the need for repairs to equipment, furniture, building and fixtures. In case of emergencies, fire or disaster, perform duties as assigned.
Qualifications PERSONAL SPECIFICATIONS
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Reading, writing and mathematical skills at level normally acquired through completion of high school or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in a housekeeper related position preferred, but not required.
Posting ID: 559413669Posted: 2020-06-03