UnityPoint Health - Fort DodgeRegistered Nurse (RN) - Resource PoolFTE: 0.9 (Full-time, 40 hours per week)Shift: 7a-7p w/ every 3rd night weekend roation in Pediatrics*$1,000 Sign on Bonus*
- Conduct comprehensive and focused physical, behavioral, psychological, spiritual, socioeconomic, and environmental assessments of health and illness parameters in patients, using developmentally and culturally appropriate approaches.
- Implement holistic, patientcentered care that reflects an understanding of human growth and development, pathophysiology, pharmacology, medical management, and nursing management across the healthillness continuum and across the lifespan.
- Communicate effectively with all members of the healthcare team, including the patient and the patient's support network.
- Deliver compassionate, patientcentered, evidencebased care that respects patient and family preferences.
- Implement patient and family care around resolution of end of life and palliative care issues, such as symptom management, support of rituals, and respect for patient and family preferences.
- Provide appropriate patient teaching that reflects developmental stage, age, culture, spirituality, patient preferences, and health literacy considerations to foster patient engagement in their care.
- Implement evidencebased nursing interventions as appropriate for managing the acute and chronic care of patients and promoting health across the lifespan.
- Monitor client outcomes to evaluate the effectiveness of psychobiological interventions.
- Facilitate patientcentered transitions of care, including discharge planning and ensuring the caregiver's knowledge of care requirements to promote safe care.
- Provide nursing care based on evidence that contributes to safe and high quality patient outcomes within healthcare microsystems.
- Create a safe care environment that results in high quality patient outcomes.
- Revise the plan of care based on an ongoing evaluation of patient outcomes.
- Demonstrate clinical judgment and accountability for patient outcomes when delegating to and supervising other members of the healthcare team.
- Manage care to maximize health, independence, and quality of life for a group of individuals.
- Demonstrate the application of psychomotor skills for the efficient, safe, and compassionate delivery of patient care.
- Develop an awareness of patients as well as healthcare professionals' spiritual beliefs and values and how those beliefs and values impact health care.
- Manage the interaction of multiple functional problems affecting patients across the lifespan, including common geriatric syndromes.
- Understand one's role and participation in emergency preparedness and disaster response with an awareness of environmental factors and the risks they pose to self and patients.
- Engage in caring and healing techniques that promote a therapeutic nurse patient relationships.
- Demonstrate tolerance for the ambiguity and unpredictability of the world and its effect on the healthcare system as related to nursing practice.
- Continues professional development and involvement in professional activities that enhance nursing practice by sharing knowledge through networking and research.
- Assess and chooses teaching strategies appropriate to the patient's and their families' age specific needs, culture, gender, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
- Consults appropriate resources within the hospital to provide specialized education.
- Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
- Engage in care of self in order to have resiliency, with the ability to accurately perceive and respond well during stressfull isutiatons.
Qualifications Minimum Requirements
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position. Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position. Education:
Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing required.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred. Refer to BSN Employee Voluntary Agreement. Experience:
Patient Care Tech or Certified nursing assistance experience preferred, but not required License(s)/Certification(s):
Current RN Licensure in State of Iowa or applicable compact state. Must be licensed in state of residence.
Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification and Advanced Life Support, (ACLS), completion of a hospital approved crucial care cource, refer to Job Descirption Addendum.
Cardiac - Vascualr Nursing Board Certified ANCC (American Nurses Credentialing Center)
Certified Medical - Surgical Registered Nurse (CMSRN) MSNCB Medical Surgical Nursing Certification Board. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
Microsoft Office - basic computer skills.
Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions. Other:Equipment/Supplies Used:
Electronic and mechanical patient care equipment, office equipment, medications, including controlled substances and therapeutic gasses.