The supervisor is responsible for day-to-day activities and operations within the Dining Services Department. The supervisor works co-operatively with Department Managers, Supervisors, Leads and Dietitians in the supervision of all other department associates in providing safe and satisfying meal services to customers including patients, families, and visitors, guests, staff, physicians, Caf and catering event customers. The Supervisor functions as an active member of the working team supporting all levels of dietary associates in achieving competency to insure safety, efficiency and economy of operation
• The associate is aware of hospital and department compliance for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of department or hospital administrative staff.
• Purposefully conducts all aspects of the job in an ethical manner in support of the hospital's commitment to ethical behavior in all areas of personal and professional activity.
• Successfully completes hospital-wide orientation, annual hospital competencies and department/unit specific competencies.
• For the safety of our patients and co-workers, St. Luke's Hospital requires seasonal and job related vaccinations. This is reviewed regularly during periodic health assessments.
• Supervises daily operations for department shift coverage balancing resources to meet priorities.
• Supervises, organizes and adjusts workflow, and delegates as necessary, the daily workload to ensure efficient, high quality service or production within approved staff, operating budgets and timelines.
• Assures adequate food and supplies are available and utilized in a cost-effective manner.
• Ensures for continuous, effective coordination between nursing units and other departments in relation to patient food service, bulk nourishment delivery, catering and retail food service operations.
• Completes documentation of safe food handling processes including food and equipment temperatures, cleaning schedules, use by dating, and daily huddles to support safe food provision.
• Ensures standards are maintained to support clean, sanitary and safe environment in adherence to State/County/TJC Inspection Regulatory Guidelines, HACCP guidelines, OSHA standards and general sanitation and safety standards.
• Understands and influences all associates to adhere to all safety practices while performing duties to minimize any risk of injury to patients, guests, associates and self from potential food borne illness and injuries.
• Monitors and documents staff performance including completing timely performance evaluations, work concerns, staff rounding and goal setting. Removes barriers in order to support a safe, satisfying and efficient workplace.
• .Coaches/counsels associates on work behavior issues, as needed.
• Conducts orientation and training for new and ongoing associates including competency programs.
• Participates in continuing education programs, in-services, and on the job training to meet developmental needs and keep abreast of new technologies.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
• Associate Degree in Food Service Management, Culinary Arts, or Dietary Technician preferred. A high school diploma is required
• Minimum of three to five years of technical experience in a healthcare food service institution.
• Previous supervisory experience preferred.
• Must be able to use the hospital computer system to send and receive electronic email, complete required computer based trainings and create documents. C. Special Skills/Knowledge
• Serv Safe Certification is required.
• Working knowledge of the supervisor's role in leading associates in safe food handling principles is required. Experience in quantity cooking, therapeutic diets, catering, customer service and working with surveyors is desirable.
• Providing staff training.
Posting ID: 559413683Posted: 2020-06-10