Apex Systems Inc., is immediately seeking a Windows Systems Admin3/4
who is a self-starter, highly organized, has a strong drive for quality, and eagerness to learn/grow. This position will support one of our highly-regarded clients in the government arena, and offer a strong upside for growth within the organization. Client:
Enterprise Government IntegratorLocation:
Colorado Springs, COCompensation:
Competitive based on years of relevant experience & educationClearance:
Able to maintain or obtain TS/SCI security clearance Description of Work:
- Install, configure, design, and maintain Active Directory, Exchange, and third party migration products for the duration of the contract
- Manage, build, and support the Windows environment ensuring the security, integrity, and availability of authentication, authorization and LDAP related services to the enterprise environment.
- Administer and maintain a Windows-based server network, with a combination of physical and virtual servers; light on virtual.
- Install, configure, create, and troubleshoot group policy and administrative templates via Active Directory
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain server-based applications running on the network including Exchange, Active Directory Services, and Lync.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of active components, resources and key processes.
- Reviewing system and directory services logs.
- Work with other engineers to upgrade current environment to more updated OS (ie. OS 2008 R2 to 2019)
- Analyzes internal or external customer needs, and determines equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
- Prepare security documentation for submission to regulatory agencies.
- Recommends and implements system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management
- Knowledge of NISPOM (Chapter 8) and/or DCID 6/3-ICD 503 information system requirements.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance (CI-Poly highly preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree with 5-9+ years of experience or 9-13+ years of relevant work experience in lieu of degree. Degree must be in a Software Engineering, Computer Sciences, Communication, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- Must be 8570 IAT Level II Compliant: Security+ CE, CCNA, GICSP, Cy SA+, GSEC, SSCP
- Minimum of 4-6+ years of experience within varying Windows systems/products including Active Directory, Exchange, Lync, etc...
- Must have strong experience with Windows Server OS 2012, 2016, & 2019 as well as Window 2007 & 2010 Desktop/Workstation side; to include building these servers from the ground up into production
- Must have hands-on experience configuring, installing, and/or maintaining a Virtualized environment with VMware, as well as the physical servers these VM's live on.
- Specific experience with VDI highly favorable
- Demonstrated experience being part of and/or helping lead large system upgrades/migrations.
- Experience supporting and doing basic troubleshooting Layer 2 network type of issues (vLAN, Port Security, VPN, Routers, Switches, WAN, etc...)
- Experience with Network monitoring tools such as Nessus, Retina, ACAS.
- Hand's on experience implementing/updating DISA STIGs (Security Technical Implementation Guide) on server environments
- Experience in larger government contracts supporting Airforce or Navy
- Experience with large systems migrations
- Experience training junior team members
- Experience in virtualized environments spinning up/down VMs
- Any past Network Admin experience
- Experience with RHEL 6 or 7
Posting ID: 559413724Posted: 2020-07-08