Apex Systems is looking for an Operations Chemist for our pharmaceutical client in Boulder, CO. This is at least a 6 month contract with the possibility to be extended or hired on. The Operations Chemist is responsible for the assembly and qualification of equipment, start up and maintenance of daily production in the potent drug and GMP labs.Job Duties and Requirements:
Education & Experiences:
- Perform and interpret in process control checks.
- Maintain appropriate level of equipment, supplies and raw materials.
- Maintain all process orders, raw material usage, batch records and all SAP and LIMS activities.
- Fills product orders by packaging for shipment.
- Conform to safety, GMP and environmental standards.
- Meet potent drug or GMP Lab production goals through hands-on operations of lab process and equipment.
- Learn all production process steps and complete according to the Potent Drug Lab and GMP Lab SOPs and batch records.
- Maintain high level of housekeeping.
- Assist or lead trouble shooting the process and equipment.
- Assist or lead the installation, qualification, and startup of new processes and equipment.
- Responsible for properly managing the generation and accumulation of hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
- Receives Emergency Brigade training and participates in the brigade as hazmat technician, firefighter, and first aid responder including EMT and/or full emergency brigade member. Trained in First Aid/CPR.
- BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Chemical Engineering
- 2 years' experience in a lab setting, combination of school/ industry experience OK
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.
Posting ID: 559413761Posted: 2020-06-03