Apex Systems, the nation's 2nd largest Information Technology staffing firm, has an opportunity for a Design Engineer
to work for a large government integrator in Orlando. This is a long term contract position with an opportunity to go full time for the right candidate. The client offers a variety of perks, including a flexible schedule and the opportunity to work with the newest technologies. This Design Engineer
will be joining an existing team but will need to be able to work on his/her own and take ownership of the project.
Applicants must have 2+ years of experience developing designs for electronic or mechanical equipment. Candidates should have experience developing preliminary layouts, sketches and notes for design proposals.
If interested in this position or any other Design Engineer opportunities in the greater Central Florida area, send a resume to Sara Wisneski, Senior Professional Recruiter in Apex's Orlando Office - email@example.com.
Responsibilities Overview of the Design Engineer:
- Develops designs for electronic, electro-mechanical, or mechanical equipment.
- Develops basic data and makes preliminary layouts, sketches, and notes necessary to present design proposal.
- Investigates pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replaceability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specification requirements and cost.
- Coordinates with other organizations affected by design development. Makes layouts of complex assemblies and details parts of devices, mechanisms, and structures.
- Checks completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning.
- Identifies design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions and/or improvements in design layout to responsible engineers or designers
*Please note that as a contract employee of Apex Systems, you'd be eligible for Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Short Term Disability; Hospitalization Coverage; Direct Deposit; Weekly Pay Periods; Training and Development Programs; and our Referral Program.*
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.