Top Healthcare Insurance Client is hiring a Sr. Project Manager with healthcare industry experience managing both Agile and Waterfall projects between business and IT. This position will begin remotely and then on-site in Durham, NC in the coming months. If qualified, please email your resume to Healea at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Senior Enterprise Project Manager creates a consultative partnership with the business owner to define, plan, and execute on deliverables throughout the project life cycle to meet agreed acceptance criteria.
- This position leads projects of high complexity and may lead multiple projects concurrently in accordance with industry best practices.
- Projects managed in this role have enterprise-level impacts involving multiple vendors, delivery partners and business areas.
- Types of projects vary widely: launches of new products or services; largescale application development; migration to new business applications; outsourcing of business or system capabilities; infrastructure upgrades, and more.
- Project team structure includes matrixed resources from across the company.
- Delivery methods include both Agile and Waterfall.
- Bachelor's degree and five years project management or equivalent experience to include enterprise-wide and multiple concurrent projects of increasing complexity.
- Knowledge of project planning techniques and automated project planning tools.
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle including: development tools/technologies, release/version control, testing methodologies and deployment management
- Understanding of project management methodology.
- Experience leading change at the project or program level.
Job Description - General Project Management and Facilitation
- Healthcare/insurance experience.
- Prior consulting experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Visio, MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint and Planview.
- Experience with Waterfall or Agile methodology. Stakeholder management with influencing, facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification or Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Engages delivery partners within information technology, architecture, analytics and enterprise security areas for software development projects according to industry best practices.
- Accountable for ensuring that deliverables from business and technology partners are produced and approved according to multiple project schedules. This includes requirement documents, functional and technical design documents, test plans, etc.
- Proactively identifies and manages project risks and dependencies and raises awareness around projects across the portfolio.
- Accountable for the development of business processes to ensure business readiness at project completion.
- Responsible for ensuring timely, accurate, and clear communication is provided to our customers and members.
- Accountable for and leads other project managers on highly complex projects.
- Responsible for developing, refining, and monitoring the project budgets throughout the project life cycles.
- Manages budgets to hours and dollar allocations to the approved amounts in accordance with financial processes.
- Proactively manages the change request process for project level scope, schedule and budget changes throughout the project life cycle.
- Accountable for monitoring and effectively representing project as well as works with the project team to develop mitigation strategies for any risks and dependencies across the portfolio.
- Coordination of project team and vendor training to ensure accuracy on requirements and design on new software.
- Accountable for stakeholder identification and engagement throughout the project life cycle to ensure business readiness and proactive identification of risks and dependencies.
- Represents projects in executive level presentations in various project governance and inter-departmental forums.
- Accountable for ensuring all business readiness including any necessary training and updates to business processes.
- Accountable for driving project deliverables and compliance through the vendor contracting process for multiple vendors at a time.
- Manages the execution of contracted work to ensure contract compliance as well as timely receipt of deliverables and funds.
- Frequently participates in the process of new vendor/product selection.
- Works closely with vendors to drive multiple parallel timelines.
- Assembles, mobilizes, and motivates teams to set direction, approach, identify skill gaps, and resolve conflict in a highly matrixed environment to lead projects to conclusion.
- Accountable for managing allocated resources from multiple delivery partners while working within approved hours and scope.
- Mentors and provides feedback to team members to create a highly functioning team in a heavily matrixed environment.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.
Posting ID: 559413775Posted: 2020-06-03