Automation QA with Development background
Location: Charlotte, NC
- Top 3 requirements:
- 4+ years of Automation
- 5+ years of Development exp in either java or .NET, could possibly be python as well
- QTP, UFT, or Selenium
- SQL (does not have to have experience writing programming with SQL)
- Are any of them flexible? Capital markets
- Day to Day Responsibilities/project specifics:
Application Development- in house application, not for external client. The tools/what has been built out so far is not working/benefiting anything; so they need to really build on/enhance the existing tools or decide that they need to start over and build from scratchJob Description
•Handle the most complex quality assurance and test environment problems and issues. Act as a lead in the creation, preparation, and conduct of quality assurance reviews and the development and execution of test plans and test scripts.
•Work with clients to establish and maintain a consistent test methodology and to resolve questions during the testing process.
•Serve as a coordinator for testing activities on a project.
•Analyze, test, and certify application-specific software and perform reviews of business requirements and functional specification documents.
• Lead and own GUI and API automation work.
• Design and maintain Automation frameworks.
• Knowledge of API testing, Rest and Soap.
• Make sure the rest of the teams have the tools to create automated tests in a structured way.
• Perform manual testing to understand features and architecture of our products.
• Prepare Reusable functions, which improve the robustness, re-usability, and maintainability of their test scripts.
• The framework should be designed in such a way that it increases and speeds up their productivity.
• Support the framework/s, for example, supporting dev/qa with issues using the tool. The engineer will implement automation test scripts. Integration with the test management tool is also, planned.
• Must be able to take on leadership responsibilities and influence the direction of the automation effort, and its schedule and prioritization.
• Work with management, developers, and quality assurance personnel, to meet these goals.
• Support and implement/improve build test processes, environments, and scripts. These build tests ensure that the code drops to quality assurance are of the highest quality.
• Provide a practical approach to complex product testing, specifically in the areas of the automation of test cases for the purposes of regression testing. Be creative and proactive thinker and make use of current technologies to provide extensible automation infrastructures.
• Review product requirements, functional and design specifications to determine and prepare automated test cases.
• Work closely with various Dev team members to understand testing objectives and ensure that problems are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
• Be part of a team focusing on automation of an identified set of migration tests, checking they run correctly and working within the infrastructure. The team would focus on develop and test these automation buckets which would be executed by other teams.
•Log, track, and verify resolution of software and specification defects.
•Document all phases of the QA process.
•Direct and serve as a mentor to less experienced staff.
5+ years of application development experience
1+ year of SQL experience
3+ years of experience using HP ALM or other testing tools
4+ years of automation or regression testing experience
5+ years of batch testing experience
1+ year of compliance and controls testing experience
4+ years of testing or quality assurance experience
3+ years of experience testing web-based applications developed in Java or .NET
3+ years of implementing test automation using Selenium, web services or SQL
4+ years of QTP, UFT or WinRunner experience
4 + years of experience with System Integration Testing (SIT)
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.