Apex Systems is looking for a Research Associate for one of our large biotech clients in Foster City, CA. If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please reach out to recruiter Ashlyn Hardman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Site: Foster City, CA
Description: Job Title: Senior Research Associate II, Biology - Immuno-oncology
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented Senior Research Associate to join the flow cytometry team in the immuno-oncology group. The candidate will design and execute assays to evaluate the mechanism or action of immunomodulatory drugs, develop pharmacodynamic endpoints and execute flow-based assays that improve our understanding of disease pathobiology. S/he will be also expected to share his/her flow cytometry expertise with users from other groups and contribute to well-functioning of the flow cytometry laboratory. The time allocation is projected to be 50% for R&D activities and 50% flow core related activities. Direct experience in flow cytometry and standard immunological assays is strongly preferred.
* Conceive, optimize, and execute in vitro immunological assays to support drug discovery efforts
* Interpret data, and draw conclusions in a fully independent manner.
* Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
* Manage multiple projects simultaneously, working cross-functionally in a highly collaborative team environment
* Design and optimize complex flow cytometry assays
* Maintain a cutting edge awareness of technical developments and scientific knowledge and apply these where possible to improve performance.
* Serve as FACS expert with in-depth technical knowledge for projects across therapeutic areas
* Think critically and work resourcefully to resolve problems
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
* Master's degree and 2-4 years of experience or Bachelor's degree and 4-6 years of experience in pharmaceutical sciences, cell biology, molecular biology, or biochemistry in industry or academia.
* Basic immunology knowledge and/or hands on experience with mouse tumor models
* Technical expertise in performing immuno assays (primary cell isolation and culture, in vitro proliferation, ELISA)
* Ability to troubleshoot and optimize assays as needed; identifying and applying novel techniques or protocols from reports in the scientific literature
* Excellent communication skills (both verbal and technical) and interpersonal skills are required.
* Experience with flow cytometry is a plus
* Strong computer skills, including proficiency with basic data analysis programs (Flow Jo, Excel, Graphpad Prism, etc.)
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.
Posting ID: 559413787Posted: 2020-06-03