Senior Network Engineer
Apex Systems, the nation's 2nd largest IT Workforce Solutions organization, has an immediate and exciting opportunity for a Network Engineer with a large client in the Louisville, KY area.
If you'd like to receive Job Alerts from Apex that match your specific criteria, visit itcareers.apexsystemsinc.com.
The Senior Network engineer is responsible for designing computer networks, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), Internet connectivity, intranets, and other data communications systems. Creates, tests, and evaluates networks.
• Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework.
• Design, test, and inspect data communications systems.
• Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning.
• Install hardware such as cables, hubs, routers, and wireless adaptors.
• Develop technology roadmaps.
• Configure network drivers for software.
• Analyze, engineer, and execute software functions.
• Develop test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines for various projects.
• Manage technology vendors.
• Stay abreast of how technology infrastructures are currently impacting and driving competitors.
• Determine production direction.
• Write functional requirements/specifications documents.
• Assess vendor development/test strategies.
• Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
• Upgrade network hardware and software components as required.
• Solve complex problems with many variables
Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
• Required: Bachelor's degree in information systems or equivalent experience.
• Required: Minimum of 7+ years of experience in network support and implementation.
Experience (required and preferred):
• Required: Professionally appropriate verbal and written presentation skills.
• Required: Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
• Required: Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
• Required: Ability to work on tight deadlines.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.
Posting ID: 559413812Posted: 2020-06-03