*If you are interested in applying to the Sr. Systems Architect position, please email your resume to Alex Prisinzano at email@example.com ** Senior Systems Architect Job Description:
The Senior Systems Architect works with the customer and various vendors and will be responsible for the design, testing, implementation, configuration validation, operation, maintenance, administration, management, backup, and recovery of Government IT infrastructure systems, to include servers and storage devices, with an overarching system engineering function used to guide and direct the overall value and effectiveness of the Network. This role will also perform Tier 3 functions such as handling technical escalations from Tier 2 team. Projects may consist of designing, building and deploying of new network and infrastructure components such as, firewalls, databases, servers, network storage devices, other network components, Azure migration, and may require assisting with installation/uninstallation and removal of hardware such as switches, servers, routers, databases, storage devices, and other network infrastructure components. This is a customer facing position and as such this candidate must have the ability to directly interact with clients, customers and vendors to include executive levelMore About the Role:
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Create high level systems architectural designs related to both current and future network environments/configurations to include LAN/WAN environments
- Research new technologies to enhance the customer network
- Network and server enhancements based on recommended best practices, and technical assessments
- Provide guidance and mentor mid-level systems architects, Tier 2 engineers, and IT Field Operations staff on the team
- Storage area network (SAN) services, including Backup and archive technologies
- Network assessments based on modifications or changes to the network environment, to include performance, connectivity issues and network access
- Cloud technologies and infrastructure (Microsoft Azure)
- E-mail and file share services
- Active Directory and related Microsoft services
- Client platform designs including system images and hardware configurations
- Network architecture/accreditation.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Equipment Rack/Cabinet installation
- Switches, routers, servers, UPS/PDU, circuits, other equipment (install/move/configuration/turn-up/testing)
- Attend all meetings as directed by the FPS COR and contribute to specific technical working groups, change control boards and change management boards set up to address engineering operations and issues within the agency and other Government agencies. The Contractor shall structure the technical requirements/knowledgebase on the current needs of DHS.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Coordination with external service providers (Cable plant, CATV, VTC, Voice Systems, etc.) on the design and implementation of IT solutions which are not covered in the scope of work.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of projects
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, diagrams, runbooks, guides, and instructions
- Able to obtain/maintain DHS Entry on Duty (EOD) suitability clearance
- Master's degree in the sciences or business, or Industry equivalent experience.
- Senior level experience in government or industry in relevant work including: enterprise architecture, solution architecture, or systems architecture
- 12+ years of experience
- Certification: Microsoft or Industry Certified Systems Engineer
- Use of Microsoft Visio to create diagrams
- Excellent communication and soft skills
- Hyperconvergence infrastructure experience (Nutanix)
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.