JOB DESCRIPTION:Request ID: 67069-1
Contract Dates: 6/4/2020 - 12/31/2020 (long term contract, likely to extend and possible to convert perm)
Work Location: COG22 - 5800 S. Quebec Street, Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Job Title: Infrastructure - Telecommunications Engineer IV (6-8 years)Summary:
The Engineer IV contractor within the Engineering Ops organization performs technical support, end to end troubleshooting, escalations of voice services for the Comcast commercial voice product suite. The role involves review of product/business requirements and supporting the creation of technical requirements, detailed test plans and implementation for commercial voice solutions. This Engineer may also be expected to develop scripting and automation where applicable to improve process efficiencies.
Key areas of expertise include SIP, mobility apps, RTP, voice Applications, business voice features, VoIP cyber security, Information Security, Unified Communication technologies, cloud technologies, virtualization, over-the-top applications, Voice gateways and endpoints, Audio/Video codecs, DIAMETER, SS7, CALEA, e911, SIP peering and infrastructure routing, Session Border Controllers (SBCs), etc. Familiarity with vendors in this space is a plus; Broadsoft/Cisco, Ribbon Communication SBC's, Polycom, Edgewater, Adtran AOS, Redhat/Linux administration, security (iptables, firewalls, fail2ban). Scripting languages with some level of knowledge; Python, perl, ansible, git (github), elastic search, db (mysql/maria/oracle/timesten), cloud (openstack, aws, rhvm), HTML, java. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a participating Engineer for several aspects of the solution including detailed designs, configuration, operational monitoring, testing, feature interworking, and redundancy and reliability models
- Supporting initial triage on Tier 3 escalated issues into the team
- Interface with Engineering leads, QA teams and Operations to review new product/service requests and applications to define technical requirements, use cases, scenario models, and implementation designs
- Assist in design, development, QA and operational teams in end-to-end hands-on troubleshooting in testing and production for root cause analysis identification and defect fix support
- Maintain professionalism while performing all job duties. Accept and act on all escalations within area of responsibility
COMMUNICATION AND MANUAL SKILLS:
- Plan and execute on Operational Readiness Testing and integration of product into production
- Scripting and software development fundamentals
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Must be a quick learner on technologies and quick to adapt to new processes.
- Must be familiar with voice technologies and have an advanced knowledge of VoIP equipment, terminology, and standard practices and procedures.
- Must have a general understanding of voice Information Security and its applications.
- Must possess a high degree of self-motivation and have a demonstrated history of independent decision-making.
- Must possess effective and proven organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to hold and participate in frequent and efficient design reviews.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in telecommunications in large-scale carrier networks.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Telecommunications/Networking or equivalent.
- Strong experience and knowledge of IP, SIP, DIAMETER, and VoIP technologies
- Must be familiar and have hands-on experience with Broadworks and Linux operating system
- Possess and maintain a working knowledge of all facets of network elements, design and switching.
**If you are interested in hearing more about this position, please contact Mallory Gorham at firstname.lastname@example.org.**
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.