UX Designer Opening in Dover, NH!
Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment to make it the 2nd largest IT staffing agency in the country.
Apex has an opportunity for a UX Designer role in the Greater Dover area. This is a 6+ contract position and the pay rate is flexible depending on experience. Here are the details:
For applicants who are interested in this UX Designer opportunity; please send a Word resume to Matt Juliano, Technical Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: UX Designer
Apex Job ID: 1070443
Location: Dover, NH
Rate: Negotiable based on experience
Duration: 6+ months
* Designing user experiences across multiple devices and platforms (desktop, tablet, mobile) with an expertise of knowledge in web accessibility requirements and guidelines. This also includes manual testing and validation experience with screen readers, specifically JAW's and NVDA.
* Assisting development with testing and validation of ADA implementations
* Creating various levels of designs ranging from low-fidelity sketches to hi-fidelity pixel perfect mockups
* Creating design specifications to support development
* Creating rapid, interactive prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders and customers.
* Supporting the validation of ideas and designs using various testing approaches, analytics, and success metrics
* Helping to maintain a set of global UI styles in an enterprise style guide
* Performing UI reviews of developed designs to ensure quality in the user experience
* A minimum of 5+ years of UX or interaction design experience, including responsive web design
* Proven well-designed examples of responsive grid-based layouts. Strong work portfolio that demonstrates systematic and creative design thinking as well as a deep understanding of UI/UX best practices.
* Content data mapping and research analysis
* Creation of user flows within a given experience and being able to identify multiple use cases and exceptions needed for development.
* Proven experience working with web accessibility guidelines and implementing design to meet ADA standards. Must have experience working with ADA tools for testing and validation. Training and /or certification as a Web Accessibility Professional is preferred.
* Strong ability to recognize and predict use cases and user interaction, including happy path as well as edge and corner cases, and incorporate them into designs.
* Solid verbal and written communication skills (the ability to effectively sell an idea).
* Basic understanding of information design / architecture
* Ability to manage time wisely across projects and competing priorities, meet agreed upon deadlines, and be accountable for work.
* Proficiency in graphic design, motion graphics, digital art, a sensitivity to typography, color, layout, and a general awareness of materials/textures.
* Experience in working with a cross-functional team or large-scale software development life-cycle, including agile methodologies.
For this opportunity, you will also be eligible for benefits through Apex for the contract period, 401K, medical/health benefits options, a W2 hourly rate, weekly pay, and direct deposit!
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.