Apex Systems is currently looking for Supply Chain Specialists
in Foster City, CA
! If interested, please reply with a good time to talk and send an updated resume to Kiefer at email@example.com
and he will reach out to you with next steps!Title
: Supply Chain SpecialistLocation
: Foster City, CA 94404Schedule
: Full Time, Monday - Friday (8am - 5pm)Length of Assignment
: 1 year contract (potential to extend or convert)Job Summary
: The role would also focus on administrative work, but more support of a special project:
- Assisting CMO Supply Managers and Product Planners in the management of critical product supply chains.
- Tracking and driving order milestones, expediting where necessary, following up with internal and external parties on due dates.
- Setting up and maintaining Excel tracking templates to support micro-management of critical project timelines and milestones, from tracking raw material readiness, to Production & QA release, and finally shipment of product.
- Administrative support in status meetings, taking meeting minutes, driving action items.
- Ability to adapt very quickly to changing requirements.
- Comfort with ambiguity.
- Other activities as required to support the team.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Reporting to the Associate Director, Supply Chain, this role will be responsible for ensuring timely execution of the manufacturing transactions and data updates in Oracle ERP.
- This role will include reconciling inventory between internal manufacturing sites and contract manufacturing facilities.
- Uses the prepared Master Production Schedule and Inventory Targets to prepare production orders for manufacture of commercial products.
- Establishes sequence and lead-time of each batch to meet shipping dates.
- Prepares and maintains required ERP system documents such as work orders, purchase orders and Material Transfer Requests.
- Initiates and coordinates shipments between facilities
- Updates ERP system data to report production activity and material issuance/movement.
- Verifies API insurances are in alignment with batch records to support GxP lot tracing requirements
- Processes changes in the ERP system to reflect schedule adjustments according to production progress, change orders, or other delaying conditions.
- Ensures that open Work Order are in sync with associated Purchase Orders
- Reconcile book inventory against CMO oh hand inventory and investigates / explains inventory differences.
- Makes reconciling entries and works with both internal and external auditors to support SOX requirements.
- Works with company finance to identify inventory items that are potential write-offs so that the appropriate financial reserve can be made in the accounting systems.
- Provides support to vendors in resolving outstanding accounts receivable balances and works with Accounts Payable to revolve issues preventing the timely payment of invoices.
- Maintains pricing sheets for each vendor reflecting the current unit pricing and tracks the number of purchase orders issued for vendors that have volume discount price breaks so that the correct price is reflected on those purchase orders.
- Develops, maintains and communicates metrics to monitor and improve performance.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Performs a variety of basic to routine duties in support of Supply Chain operations.
- Takes independent action to ensure appropriate purchasing, routing, scheduling, and/or storing of goods.
- Compiles, records, and tracks pertinent data through computerized systems, and based on analysis of data provides recommendations for corrective action.
- Reviews non-routine information or data to support Supply Chain activities - e.g. inventory levels, prices and tracking of shipments, inventory positioning, material deliveries, planned master production schedule and sales forecasts.
- May make recommendations on inventory levels, sources, handling etc.
- Responds to requests for information from other departments, reviews available information, and may contact vendors for further information.
- Receives requests for routine changes affecting inventory levels, e.g. shipments, purchases, movement of stock.
- Performs necessary transactions and records in system to reflect changes.
- Prepares standard documents, such as work orders, purchase orders, material transfer requests, shipping documentation, and material reconciliation reports.
- May communicate with other department representatives
- Works on assignments that range from routine to basic in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Must have knowledge and be proficient in Microsoft Office applications and other relevant software.
- Demonstrates good written communication skills along with good analytical skills.
- Able to apply knowledge of Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) on a daily basis.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in related field and a HS diploma or Certificate to FETAC level 6 (GSL)
*If interested, please send an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
as it will be necessary in order to be interviewed.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.