Apex Systems is looking for a Data Architect for a Fortune 6 Healthcare company in Schaumburg, IL. Please apply if interested!
What are the top 5-10 responsibilities for this position? (Please be detailed as to what the candidate is expected to do or complete on a daily basis)
- Help to build scalable, fault-tolerant batch and real-time data pipelines to power internal applications, operational workflows, and integration platforms.
- Help to create and maintain data-driven APIs, and data streams, to support a wide range of integrations with healthcare partners
- Recommend and implement best practices for data management and governance
- Help set technical direction and provide guidance to more junior data engineers.
- Work as a partner with our product team to represent data engineering interests and inform product decisions
- Solve technical problems, simple and complex, in a lean and efficient manner
- Approach problems with a cloud-first mindset focused on using best-in-class cloud technologies and tools
- Follow engineering best practices and cultivate a best-practices culture
- Resolve to put the customer first, by chasing ROI in all engineering efforts, recognizing that doing something the fastest way possible, lets us do more for patients
- Collaborate with stakeholders to build data models that support new products and features
- Ensure data security implementations meet company requirements and standards
What software tools/skills are needed to perform these daily responsibilities?
- Experience with Apache Kafka, Apache Sqoop, Apache Spark, and Scala for data manipulation, preparation, and cleansing.
- Fluent in at least one general-purpose programming language (Python, Java, Scala, Go, Ruby, C#, etc). Scala, Python, and/or Java preferred.
- Experience designing and developing automated analytic applications and ETL processes.
- Experience working with ETL Tools (SSIS) for data Integration.
- NoSQL DB, DocumentDB, GraphDB, Cosmos design and implementation experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with Confluent Schema Registry and Avro Schemas, Azure Data Platform components - Azure Data Lake, Data Factory, Data Management Gateway, Azure Storage Options, NoSQL DB, Data Lake Analytics, Stream Analytics, EventHubs.
What skills/attributes are a must have?
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Database Management, Information Systems or similar
- 10+ years of experience as a DBA with traditional databases
- 5+ years of experience in building data models to support various types of solutions
- 4+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience with No-SQL databases, preferably with COSMOS DB in Azure
- 3+ years of experience using cloud database technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- 2+ years of experience leading the data strategy for a large business
- Experience building and fine tuning databases, and materialized views in Azure
- Demonstrate a keen awareness of the importance of security, scalability, reliability, and feasibility in solution design
- Expert knowledge of SQL, preferably with SQL Server in Azure
What skills/attributes are nice to have?
- Familiarity with electronic health record (EHR) data and standards (HL7, FHIR, and similar protocols)
- Experience with database performance tuning tools and/or techniques
- Experience working with Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) solutions
- Cloud architecture experience, preferably using Azure
- Comfortable with group communication and working with diverse areas of expertise
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.