Alternate Title: Cybersecurity Network Architect
The Information Security Architect position focuses on designing and supporting network security and boundary defense for large scale enterprises. A successful candidate will partner with application owners and enterprise service providers to design network security controls.
The position is 50% security architecture, 30% technical leadership, and 20% research and development. The individual works with project delivery and enterprise architecture teams to set standards, provide leadership, and be the final approval from a security perspective on projects and standards.
- Acts as a subject matter expert and has a strong understanding of product roadmaps, trends, and industry practices
- Ability to work with leaders and team members at all levels and across functional lines
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to think strategically
- Critical thinking skills and does not hesitate to question status quo
- 2+ years cybersecurity architecture
- 6+ years of information security experience
- 6+ years of experience delivering technology solutions in large-scale complex organizations
- Strong experience in network design and concepts
- Strong working knowledge of TCP and UDP protocols, VPNs, IDS, IPS, SIEMs, and firewall technologies
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Require a seasoned Defensive Cyber Operations SME with experience engineering and/or architecting cyber defensive capability
- Candidate must have a solid understanding of cyber defensive architecture and technologies required to protect, detect and respond to cyber threats and attack. Technologies include SIEM, vulnerability assessment, discovery, infrastructure (firewall, IPS/IDS, proxy, network capture), host based security, penetration testing/external assessment tools, forensics, etc.
- Proven ability to develop end-to-end security and technology control solutions (across platforms, application, data and networks)
- Experience applying network security technical principles, practices, and procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of diverse platforms and operating systems, including current and emerging technologies
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Experience influencing management on technical or business solutions
- Able to manage simultaneous multiple complex tasks and to bring activities to closure
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
- Experience architecting security solutions for financial services corporations
- Familiarity with financial services compliance regulations and IT frameworks and standards
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.
Posting ID: 559413886Posted: 2020-06-17