Enterprise Digital Client
Office is Downtown Chicago - **Start Remote**
6 month Contract To Hire
Essential Functions (Describe, in order of importance, the primary duties and/or responsibilities to be performed, methods used, and why. Statement should include WHAT, HOW, and WHY)
- Contribute to the development of a product vision, then drive a process to bring that vision to fruition
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop product-line growth strategy
- Champion the needs of the end-user and business goals throughout the execution of a project
- Owns SDLC requirements 360 - gathering, definition, clarifications.
- Demonstrate growth in skillset and progressive competence to take on more responsibilities, to be able to step into Product Manager roles as opportunities arise.
- Must organize with independence, develop a strong understanding of our customers, manage multiple concurrent projects, and identify and lead solutions that recognize significant business value
- Ability to aid in investigation and resolution of production issue while partnering with internal solution providers.
- Analyze and report on data related to systems driving our product solutions.
- Drive cross-functional teams comprised of both business roles and technical development during the life cycle of product development
- Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Blend strong business acumen, technical problem solving and agile execution
- Contribute to the prioritization of ecommerce features and understand the art of sequencing their delivery with an agile framework.
- Partner with IT on development, testing & implementation plans, as well as internal communications & deployment plans
- Collaborate with internal business partners to refine requirements and define enhancements, creating buy-in from other teams as necessary
- Vet scope, requirements, use case/user scenario, test case documents and design specifications, in partnership with UX, product managers, QA and design.
- Synthesize business requirements, identify areas of uncertainty, recommend solutions, gather buy-in from relevant stakeholders, roll solution out to team, shepherd feature through development and review code before rollout.
- Develop metrics to measure success of program features, analyze results, and partner across the organization to develop action plans and enhancement recommendations.
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and as the primary contact for queries related to the product.
- Additional projects and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- Direct experience in a digital environment in a relevant capacity
- 3+ years overall relevant experience
- 1+ years Digital experience
- 1+ years in product management preferred
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects in various phases of ideation, execution, or delivery
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Experience with agile development
- Technical and data driven mindset with a track record to match
Knowledge (List the types of knowledge needed to perform the job (understanding of business theories or industry standards, specific software, etc.))
Skills (List other skills or special attributes needed to perform the job)
- Oral and/or written communication skills
- Presentation skills
Abilities (List other abilities needed to perform the job)
- Track record of successful owning requirements for delivery of large scale - cross functional software development projects.
- Ability to Influence leadership
Education (Identify the minimum education required to perform the essential functions of this position. Include certifications and licenses when applicable.)
- Bachelor's degree
- Masters Preferred
Experience (Indicate the minimum years of applicable and relevant work experience that would be necessary to effectively perform in the position)
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- 1+ years of digital experience
- 2+ years working in an Agile development environment and managing iteration-level deliverables.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.
Posting ID: 559413915Posted: 2020-06-03