Title: Lead DevOps Engineer
Length: 6+ contract to hire
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Apex Systems, the largest publicly traded IT Staffing & Services Company, is supporting our fortune 500 client in the Cleveland area on a Lead DevOps Engineer for a Contract role with potential to hire. The DevOps Engineer is responsible for the design, configuration, implementation, deployment, automation and support of web solutions primarily in a global cloud based environment. Heavily creates automation for most work to ensure secure, scalable and repeatable work. Maintains current or near current levels of software, patches, features and configurations for the IT systems. Provides documentation across the multiple environments and cross-trains team members on supported technologies and processes. Responsible for root cause analysis and implementing corrective measure resulting from incidents.
• 8+ years IT experience with Lead experience a must
• Good understanding of J2EE technologies, e.g., Servlets, JSPS, EJBS, Web services, etc. 2 years of experience in any one of these technologies: Puppet, Chef, Ruby, Python or Shell scripting
• 5 years of hands-on Linux scripting and administration or experience with managing middleware application technologies is required
• 2 years' experience with DevOps and automation of deploying application in the cloud is required
• 3+ years' experience in Application Server with installation, automation and performance tuning.
• Strong knowledge of WebLogic, WebSphere or other Application server deployment and analysis of log files.
• Past experience with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) a must
• Strong working knowledge of Webservers, e.g, Apache, NGINX or other
• Understanding of DNS, TCP/IP, load balancing and network concepts.
• Strong experience with Shell scripting to automate tasks.
• Strong understanding of automation and deployment tools (Puppet, Jenkins, GIT or similar).
• Understanding of container technology.
Nice to have
• Automation and Deployment tools (Jenkins, GIT)
• Container management and deployment (Docker)
• Configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef)
• Cloud hosting experience
• Infrastructure as Code (Cloud formation)
• Application Performance Monitoring (DynaTrace or similar).
• IBM WebSphere Commerce
• Good knowledge of LDAP concepts and experience working with a LDAP Directory.
• IBM MQ experience.
• Search platforms like Solr.
• IBM Sterling Order Management experience.
- Bachelors Degree in IT related field required
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.