Apex Systems is currently search for a Plant Technician for one of our major Biotech clients in South San Francisco, CA.
If you feel you make a great fit for this role please forward your resume to Tlingram@apexsystems.com Duties
This job requires daily hands-on interaction with equipment and other teammates to complete the following tasks and deliverables:
- The team will be primarily be focused on the maintenance of bioreactor sensors and analytic equipment for the Cell Culture Pilot Plant and Development Lab areas (multiple labs and buildings).
- Test and verify that dissolved oxygen and pH probes are fully functional and available at all times for operations use.
- Responsibilities include the collection and shipment to our maintenance vendor, reception and documentation/labeling of dissolved oxygen probes.
- Collect pH probes for inspection, testing, documentation and replacement if necessary in order to maintain a constant state of available inventory for use.
- Maintain bioanalyzers for operations use: Perform routine steps which may include running QC and calibration regimen, reagent/membrane/tubing change-out, general maintenance, equipment troubleshooting, and working with users and the vendor as needed such that units are maintained in a ready state for use.
Other job responsibilities may include tasks to support the overall functioning of Pilot Plant and Lab work. Work schedule may include weekends or a weekend day as this team will provide 7-day /week support. This role is for a day shift position. Skills
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong written and verbal, communication skills.
- The ability to negotiate within and outside of internal and external departments.
- A proven track record of driving and implementing process and technical decisions.
- The ability to author procedures, to work with minimal supervision under dynamic conditions, and troubleshooting & problem solving abilities are essential.
- The candidate must be an excellent team player, be able to work both independently and as part of a team, and be comfortable with hands-on troubleshooting.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds and standing for long periods of time is a requirement.
- Ability to work with computer database systems.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.
Posting ID: 559413936Posted: 2020-06-03