: Findlay, OhioExperience
: 3-5 years Job Summary:
We are looking for a Software Developer to maintain existing applications as well as assist in providing day-to-day support for internal clients. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and possess strong analytical, organization and communication skills. The candidate must have the ability to work with individuals from multiple business units at a variety of locations, external vendors and a dynamic IT support staff. The position includes supporting existing systems and working on projects that directly affect business clients. This position offers opportunities working with a team of IT professionals and business partners. Responsibilities:
- Work directly with business partners to understand their processes and to gather and document business requirements and priorities.
- Identify issues and enhance existing code to ensure adherence to proper development standards, improved system performance and efficiency
- Functionally understand and work to have expert knowledge of applications for which the role is responsible. Develop test plans and support documentation for support systems.
- Interface closely with vendors, sourcing partners and other IT teams to collaboratively address application issues and enhancements across multiple applications.
- Internally develop or work with third-party vendors to develop and deploy support and project solutions (e.g. interfaces, scripts) per business requirements.
- Participate in production support, issue resolution and change management activities and implements solutions in a timely manner.
- Research and resolve issues proactively and provide status updates and recommendations to management, business partners and peers.
- Understand the existing IT security and controls requirements of applications, application landscape and client areas.
- Utilize the appropriate IT process, development best practices, controls and documentation to ensure compliance.
- Support general IT initiatives by planning and implementing changes to various applications within given timelines
- Familiarity with modifying/upgrading existing code
- Basic IIS Administration, and Oil & Gas Industry Experience are a plus, but not required
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.
Posting ID: 559413940Posted: 2020-06-03