Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Java Software Engineers - Senior Level for our San Antonio, TX facility.
Java Software Engineers create and maintain APIs for our business software applications that our members use. Done well, many may never realize or appreciate how critical these APIs are or how we've made them simpler. Faster. Safer. Yet they help make our members' lives better. It's a great challenge and responsibility.
Here, you will invent. You'll design and test. You'll take risks. You'll create new technology, but the impact you'll make on our members will be far more significant.
As a Java Engineer, you are expected to be able to function in a fast-paced environment driving innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development ensuring quality is built into all solutions leveraging TDD. Your responsibilities will require you to be an expert in API development. You will lead teams of developers guiding on engineering and architecture best practices as well as demonstrate the ability to influence and engage with other engineers and architects. You will work closely with business clients and UI designers to analyze user requirements, design and code applications and customize and/or integrate commercial software packages for both internal employees and external member-facing applications across multiple platforms.
As a Java Engineer, it will be your responsibility to maintain code integrity and quality as well as ensure application architecture is designed for performance and resiliency.Job Description:Tasks
- Utilizing technical expertise; Creates system requirements, performs design and analysis, and coding and unit testing of complex to highly complex system functionality and/or defect correction across multiple platforms.
- Identifies ideas to improve system performance and impact availability.
- Resolves complex technical design issues.
- Provides functional and/or technical guidance in evaluating applications systems or evaluating requests for proposals.
- Coordinates changes and influences and prioritizes tasks with business or technical departments.
- Analyzes and influences technical, system, and/or user requirements.
- Identifies and creates solutions to improve system performance and availability.
- Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues to minimize impact and future occurrences.
- Creates system documentation/play book(s) and serves as a lead technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews.
- Typically serves as a resource to the business.
- Develops accurate estimates on work packages and ensures the accuracy of estimates developed by less experienced internal and third party team members.
- Analyzes and designs specifications for less experienced internal and third party team members to execute.
- Acts as a technical resource throughout the development life cycle.
- May also actively contribute to the technical and soft skills development of team members.
- Assists team leads and management with delegation of technical work packages to cross functional and third party team members for execution through the full development life cycle.
- Keeps management appropriately informed of progress and issues.
- Coordinates system application transition from development teams to maintenance and production teams, and/or constructs and implements necessary controls to assure system/application traceability.
Bachelor's degree required.
4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.Minimum Experience:
6 or more years of software development experience demonstrating depth of technical and functional understanding within specific I/T discipline(s)/technology(s)Preferred Experience:
- Hands on experience with building Rest API's
- Ability to implement container-based APIs using a container framework (OpenShift, Docker, or Kubernetes)
- Experience with Java/J2EE, Spring, Spring Boot
- Experience integrating with backend services like JMS, J2C, ORM frameworks (Hibernate, JPA, JDO, etc), JDBC.
- Experience with Kafka and event frameworks
- Experience in Automation and CI/CD
- Experience working in Agile methodology
If you are interested in this position, please send your most up to date resume to Patrick Herbelin
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.