The overall purpose of the Culinary Associate position is to prepare meals and snacks for residents within guidelines of the facility. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESPerforms duties and responsibilities with assigned functional area within a nursing home facility which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
- Reads, understands, and complies with State Regulations established for Food Service departments.
- Prepares food according to the menu for the day, so that residents will receive the meals they are expecting, and they will be well-balanced and healthy for the residents.
- Ensures all meals are prepared following recipes and guidelines established by the Culinary Services Director.
- Follows all requests for special diets in order to assure good resident health.
- Tastes, smells, and observes food to ensure conformance with recipes and appearance standards. Measures satisfaction levels among residents by walk-thru and conversations with residents on meal satisfaction.
- Places food servings on plates using standard measuring ladles, scoops, spoons, etc. in order to assure residents are getting sufficient portions. Makes sure plates are attractively presented by using appropriate placement and garnishes as necessary.
- Hot foods are at 140-160 degrees when served and cold foods at 34-40 degrees Fahrenheit when served.
- Meals are served on time according to the established and posted meal times for the community, every time.
- Provides residents "seconds" as needed to satiate their appetites.
- Is not wasteful of food during the food preparation time. Saves all usable leftovers to be used with another meal.
- Prepares snacks for residents according to snack schedule and menu in order to assure residents are getting adequate nutrition and hydration.
- Properly cleans all equipment and work areas, including walls and floors, in order to provide a sanitary kitchen environment.
- Assures all open food in refrigerators and freezers are covered and dated and that outdated food is discarded promptly.
- Demonstrates responsibility for the food service operation in the absence of the Dietary Manager.
- Washes and sanitizes dishes according to foodservice standards. Prepares sanitation sink according to directions and monitors and documents sanitizing solution levels. Assures dish wash water is at least 150-160 degrees before beginning to wash dishes. Assures rinse water is at least 180 degrees.
- Operates the dishwashing process in an organized fashion. Scrapes and stacks dirty dishes in preparation for cleaning. After food is served, keep dirty dishes running through the dish machine until all dishes are clean and ready for the next meal.
- Assures all freezers are maintained at 0 degrees Fahrenheit or below and refrigerators are maintained at 34-40 degrees Fahrenheit daily and the temperatures are documented.
- Presents a clean and neat appearance, wearing aprons, hair nets, and other protective clothing as necessary.
- Collects and places garbage and trash in designated containers.
- Is fully knowledgeable of the fire evacuation and disaster policy of the community and participates as assigned in fire and disaster drills.
- Maintains confidentiality of all pertinent personal or health information concerning residents and staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned and which relate to the success of Four Fountains Convalescent and the care, comfort, and happiness or our residents.
- Assists with nutritional education for residents, patients, families, and caregivers.
- Participates in various meetings and committees as appointed by the Administrator.
- Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with the Company's Code of Business Conduct, appropriate professional standards and applicable state/federal laws.
Qualifications EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The Culinary Associate must have the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- To be qualified for this position you must maintain a current Food Services Sanitation certificate and have one (1) year job related experience including food preparation, full-line menu items and therapeutic diets.
- A culinary apprenticeship or training is preferred.
- Restaurant, cooking and/or culinary experience preferred.
- You will also need to demonstrate your ability to serve seniors in a team environment.
Posting ID: 559413964Posted: 2020-06-03