MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Performs a variety of direct patient care activities for a designated nursing or clinical department. Assists medical and nursing staff with procedures and/or tests, assists patients with Activities of Daily Living (ADL's), obtains non-invasive body fluid specimens, and may draw blood and/or perform EKG's.
- Incumbents in this position may perform all, or a combination of the duties described depending upon their assigned work area and the specific needs of the department.
About MedStar Health
- Education - High school degree or GED diploma is required, plus one of the following: (1) completion of a Certified Nursing Assistant program, an experienced WHC nursing assistant, or the equivalent; or (2) completion of a national Registered Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic program/course with at least six months or more experience as an EMT, CCT, or EMTP; or (3) a Nursing Student (RN Program) with completion of at least one year of clinical rotation or a graduate of an approved nursing program (LPN or RN). Requires the ability to read and write; and knowledge of grammar, and math. May require the use of standard office/medical equipment (i.e., personal computer, on-line printer, calculator, telephone, facsimile, copier, sterilizing equipment, blood pressure cuff, OR tables.
- Required Certification, Registration, and/or Licensure - Current BLS certification and any licensure as indicated by above qualifications
- Experience - No experience is required but completion of a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Emergency Medical Technician/Paramedic (EMT, EMTP), or Critical Care Technician (CCT) program, or Student Nurse.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Posting ID: 559413972Posted: 2020-07-15