Overview Clinical Nurse II, Neurology/Step downFull Time, 72 Hours Per Pay Period, Shift: Night
26 bed unit, which includes up to 8 step down beds . Professional yet fun, challenging yet exciting Work Environment. We get it done, but we have fun in the process! My team makes sure that we always put our patients first but we all really get along too. There is not a day that I come in where I don't leave with a smile on my face because I'm proud of my team.
We have modified self-scheduling with a requirement of every other weekend for new grads, 3 days per week at 12 hours.
Responsibilities Position Summary:
Provides professional nursing care within an assigned unit; coordinates care planning with other disciplines.
- Correlates patient history and support systems within hospital care/nursing home care.
- Assesses learning needs of patient and family.
- Develops and initiates plan of care, involving patient and family.
- Recommends interventions.
- Evaluates plan of care.
- Resolves problems regarding moderately complex issues without oversight or supervision.
- Demonstrates willingness to precept employees/students as directed. Reviews clinical performance of preceptee with unit leader or clinical instructor.
- Demonstrates competence in performing critical skills to include appropriate delivery of care according to the age-specific needs of the population served.
- Supervises LPNs, Nursing Assistants, HUCs, Techs, and sitters.
- Follows policies, procedures, and safety standards. Completes required education assignments annually. Works toward achieving goals and objectives, and participates in quality improvement initiatives as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Minimum Education
: None specified; however, must be sufficient to meet the standards for achievement of the below indicated license and/or certification as required by the issuing authority. Minimum Experience:
Must possess at least one to three (1-3) years of professional experience. Licensure Requirement:
Valid license in the State of Tennessee. CPR required.
Posting ID: 559413982Posted: 2020-07-01